New Contributor

Re: Credit card for international students

I think my WF banker was not proactive enough . :smileyindifferent:

But would also like to hear from other about their experiences for different cards. Very helpful thread. Just what I was looking for. :smileyhappy:

I am considering to apply for Barclays which has that resident fine print mentioned and would be great if anybody can shed some light on their app process. Or BoFA or Chase for that matter.

US Bank Cash+ $5300 || Discover IT $5950 || Barclays Arrival $4K || AMEX BCE $30K || Chase Freedom $7K || First Tech CU $12K || CSP $12K || BofA Cash Rewards $12K
Starting Score: All CRAs : NA
Current Score: TU 751(Barclays) , EQ FICO 743 , EX FICO 741
Goal Score: All CRAs : 760+

Contributor

askme3012 wrote:

I think my WF banker was not proactive enough . :smileyindifferent:

But would also like to hear from other about their experiences for different cards. Very helpful thread. Just what I was looking for. :smileyhappy:

I am considering to apply for Barclays which has that resident fine print mentioned and would be great if anybody can shed some light on their app process. Or BoFA or Chase for that matter.

I applied for BofA *days* after receiving my SSN and was promptly denied. I had no banking relationship with them at the time. I applied a year or so later and had a checking and savings account with them by that point. I was approved.

Wells Fargo Cash Back - $2400 || Bank of America Cash Rewards - $5000 || Discover IT - $5000 || American Express BCE - $15000

FICO TU - 769
New Contributor

UPDATE : I was approved for Barclays Arrival and AMEX BCE without any hiccups. Instant approval. 

US Bank Cash+ $5300 || Discover IT $5950 || Barclays Arrival $4K || AMEX BCE $30K || Chase Freedom $7K || First Tech CU $12K || CSP $12K || BofA Cash Rewards $12K
Starting Score: All CRAs : NA
Current Score: TU 751(Barclays) , EQ FICO 743 , EX FICO 741
Goal Score: All CRAs : 760+

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.