Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card for traveling with work

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Credit card for traveling with work

@Viperlx wrote:

I have a 640 USAA FAKO score. I am more interersted in AMEX right now but I got denied for a ZYNC card some time ago.  I am in the system with a corporate card but it doesn't report to my credit report.

you could try but you should get 1 Fico score to see where you really are. Remember only Equifax score is worth buying here since no one uses the 98 scoring here anymore besides barclay

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 11 of 32
Viperlx
New Contributor

I have some baddies still left over on my account from 2 years ago.  It might be smarter for me to work on these before proceeding with another app.

Message 12 of 32
distantarray
Established Contributor

it could or could not but personally if your going to work with it  it could take 6-18 months to get things resolved yes it sucks, so I would just personally app now since Chaseprobably pulled eq and amex pulls Ex it should be fine. Just try it if not it'll probably be 6months before you clean up the rest of the mess. if you got approved for united iChase card your scores might be better than you think. (likely)

Message 13 of 32
Viperlx
New Contributor

Here is the tricky part, when I signed up for a corporate amex with my company...amex did a HP.  This was done 8/12/2012 and is within 6 months.

Message 14 of 32
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Viperlx wrote:

Here is the tricky part, when I signed up for a corporate amex with my company...amex did a HP.  This was done 8/12/2012 and is within 6 months.

they did a hp to be added as an AU/ACM? well if they still got you a card should take it as a good sign imo lol 

Message 15 of 32
Viperlx
New Contributor

maybe they still have my report on file from that HP.  The AU card does not report to my CR, that is my only worry.

Message 16 of 32
distantarray
Established Contributor

business account au's rarely report if ever to credit reports, they're not supposed to unless your the owner then sometimes it's a personal guarenttor. Regardless it should be ok you can probably recon them if you tell them your new job travel will be reimbursed.

Message 17 of 32
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

If you've been given a corporate Amex - shouldn't you be using that for your work travel?

Is there going to be a requirement to use it for any of your expenses? Flights? Hotels? Rental Cars?  If so, certain types of travel rewards may not fit your travel spending.  It would be nice to have more info on that.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 18 of 32
Viperlx
New Contributor

I left the company that gave me the corporate card.  I was hoping to get my foot in the door with AMEX again with a new charge card.   I just apped for the Gold card but I was denied.   I had a bad feeling the whole time I was filling out the card.

Message 19 of 32
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I'm very sorry to hear that!

There are still other options, so hopefully you can find a card that works for your travel!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.