Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card horror stories?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card horror stories?

@deltatee wrote:
I've been reading through the OCCU thread over lunch, what a cluster! That definitely counts as a horror story.

It was my lunch time reading material too! Wow, I'm so glad I missed out on that one. I'm local so I have no doubt I would have been swept up in the hype. 

I am lucky, my horror story is not really a horror story. The worst experiance I've had was I applied for the Care Credit card in my dentist office before I found myfico. Did not get the limit I needed and didn't know enough to call them and ask them to reconsider the SL. A year later I booked the dental apointment with the intention of putting half on the CC and the ther half on another 0 percent card only to have them cancel the card  for non use a week before the appointment. Note, this was 3 weeks before they annonced that you could use the cards at Rite Aide. So while not a horror story, a wasted inquiry and hit to the AAoA for a card I never got to use. 

Message 51 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow, holds on your accounts? that stinks!!

Message 52 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry in advance for being blunt, but my answer to this threat would be, "where do I start?". 

Message 53 of 55
dk2003
Regular Contributor

Until it happens to you... yes yes yes how true!!!
Message 54 of 55
dk2003
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
just read the recent posts. people complain daily rather it be trivial "oh my card won't increase but i never use it" to serious things. you can find your fair share of issues here. people voice it all lol.

Yup, pretty much so.  Just read the recent one that was made by a poster who was "disgusted" with Discover Smiley Very Happy  Comenity shutdowns were the biggies for a couple months.

At any rate, I haven't experienced any horrific credit card instances, but I do recall one CC which I closed last year (writing was on the wall).  Lots of members definitely remember OCCU (Beaver & Duck) cards back from Sep/Oct 2013.  I guess I missed the calamity when things went down with this CU (mine survived but I ended up closing it around July 2015).  I beleive there are a few folks who still have the CC.

By the same token, I started the whole BBVA AmEX frenzy back in April of last year shortly after a couple members had applied for the CC.  It was a lovely honeymoon and great things for everyone during those first couple months.  It was raining BBVA!  Fast forward to several months later (even today), things went south for the most part with approvals and subsequent shutdowns and unable to verify/fraud issues.  So, I don't post "CC frenzies" anymore.

Oh, almost forgot....BMO Diner Club.  That was a gem for those who were able to get in with them (apps no longer available) - it was short-lived (lasted about a month and 2 weeks).  IIRC, some individuals' CCs were suspended due to MS and eventually closed, then the CCs stayed pretty much invisible CR-wise for over a year and come last month, ta-da, they now report.

Disgusted with discover.. that happened to be me Smiley Happy while I am disgusted and my reasons are legitimate, I am not new to the credit game! It's not exactly a horror story as my as thin patience!!

Message 55 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.