cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card increases

tag
Nookie

Credit card increases

I received a card from capital one about 8 months ago. It started off at $300 then they raised it to $1800, when do I ask for a CLI?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit card increases

@Nookie wrote:
I received a card from capital one about 8 months ago. It started off at $300 then they raised it to $1800, when do I ask for a CLI?

With Cap-1 its usually 6 months between CLIs. You can email the Exec Office and request one anytime though. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

With cap 1 its always a SP so whenever you request one it wont hurt you. However they generally dont give a increase until 6 mos after a increase has been given. Also if you go online and hit the button for an increase most likely wont work. Best way is to contact the EO, i tried the button and got a denial for recent inqs. when i had none in over a year. Called the EO and got a $700 increase.

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 4
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Nookie wrote:

With Cap-1 its usually 6 months between CLIs. You can email the Exec Office and request one anytime though. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

+1 to the 6 months  but do not bother the EO. This should be used if nothing goes anymore on the official route. Cap1 might shut down this route if everybody goes the EO route for everything. just my 2cents.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.