Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card limits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card limits

Hmm, I am new to posting, so I hope I am doing this right. I was wondering if anyone has noticed any activity with their credit cards recently? I just received a letter from one company and they INcreased my credit line. I thought that was a bit odd, but maybe that means the 'credit' economy is improving?

What are your thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JMN
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit card limits

Increases still existed throughout the time of the credit crunch. They were just harder to get.

I got about 10 or so of them during the "crisis," so they were still in existence. 

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit card limits

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm, I am new to posting, so I hope I am doing this right. I was wondering if anyone has noticed any activity with their credit cards recently? I just received a letter from one company and they INcreased my credit line. I thought that was a bit odd, but maybe that means the 'credit' economy is improving?

What are your thoughts?

Hello and welcome.

Congratulations on your CLI. The credit world still seems to be confused. Some will report a CLI while others have their limits cut sharply or have accounts closed all together. I'm just not ready to announce any kind of improvement in the credit economy.

But we can keep hoping!!!  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.