Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card offer for wall street journal subscription

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Credit card offer for wall street journal subscription

I figured I would throw this out there in case anyone has happen to come across it. I am looking to subscribe to the wall street journal and for some reason I think in the pst I saw a great subscription offer for the journal through one of my credit cards. Anyone have any ideas if any cards have some sort of special discount offer for the WSJ?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit card offer for wall street journal subscription

I've seen discount for new subscription, and auto renewal (which the price conveniently goes up on auto renewal). No specific card comes to mind for direct discounting.

Message 2 of 5
IWOL
Established Contributor

If you have a Barclay card that has an online portal like the Arrival or Upromise you can get 2000 points for a WSJ subscription.

i think ink the Chase UR portal offers a bonus as well as some of the other airline portals like Delta.

image.jpg

Message 3 of 5
red259
Super Contributor

Just in follow-up in case someone is thinking about making the purchase.  I checked a number of card portals and did not have much luck (don't have arrival). The best bang for my buck was 1700 American Airline miles through the AA portal (can get 1000 united miles through their portal). Not bad for $24 of spend that gets me three month subscription. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 5
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

As a student you can get 15 weeks of the WSJ (print and digital) delivered for $1/wk on their website. I used this last year and it was great! After that 15 weeks is up, you can renew for another 15 weeks @ $24. Word on the street is that one of my Eco classes requires us to have a daily copy of the WSJ so I'll be checking out these portals! Thanks!

QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.