Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card question

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit card question

Welcome to the forum! Before you start apping, it would be helpful to know what's on your CR's. the 150 point difference in scores illustrates some negatives on your cr. have you pulled your reports recently?
Message 11 of 27
Iluvlola

Yes I've pulled them within last few days... What's killing it is a fashion bug card that I had over 12 yrs ago that is paid off and account is closed... I also had Lexington law for a yr in a haft working on my behalf and because of them, they have actually got many errors off my credit. Unfortunately it was a lil pricey and so I'm now on my own and am trying to fix it by myself. The fashion bug account is still showing but there is nothing else...
Message 12 of 27
Iluvlola

I also had a few points taken from me for applying for credit.
Message 13 of 27
Iluvlola

I have to ask, how would anyone know which report out of them that a company would pull such as chase? A few years back I was at Kmart and they said I would apply for their CC, I'd be guerenteedz 10% off my entire purchase so I did for the discount and qualified for a 500.00 CL. I kick myself in the butt because I never did use the card and I believe it was closed. I'm not sure that I would be approved again although my credit is much betternowmthan back then but I'm very hesitant because of the scores going down! (Sigh)
Message 14 of 27
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Certain companies tend to pull certain bureaus.  

Message 15 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

Certain companies tend to pull certain bureaus.  

Yes, and often it is regional, so Bank X pulls experian in South CA, but TU in MA for example.   In some cases, we have things like Amex nearly always pulls EX (first) regardless of where you are.

Any issuer can also pull more than one.  Capital One is (in)famous for pulling all three, but any issuer can pull two or three if they have questions after the first pull.

There are databases that are populated with self-reported data:  google "credit pull database" for example.

Message 16 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Whats is on your Experian CR? Number of inq's? Baddies? A 12 year old account was paid when? How's it reporting?

Edit: multiple typos.
Message 17 of 27
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Ate your scores from here?

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 18 of 27
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Did you pay the fashion bug off 12 years ago or was it less then 7 years ago. If it was over 7 it shouldn't even be on you report.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 19 of 27
Iluvlola

My Exp is just 567.1inquiry
Credit card is 12 years old and paid in full....BUT.....on a lighter note here, I went ahead , bit the bullet and applied for a unsecure Capital one CC and I am Thrilled to say I was instantly approved with a 500.00 CL. I think this may be a good start anyway and Thank you everyone for your advice!!!
Now as with my CR, I should be able to take those charges off my report being that old? The othe two reports are actually perfect and only show what I've paid off iand nothing at all on them...
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.