cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card question

tag
Iluvlola

Re: Credit card question

No, I absolutely paid Fashion bug off 12 years ago in full!!! They pulled such a fast one on me! They told me if I paid a certain fee, we would call it paid so I told them I couldn't pay til the following day as the funds wouldn't be avail until then. So the woman agreed not to take the money out until the the next day but she went ahead and tried to take it anyway and then turned around and reported that I never paid it! Ggrrrrrrrr!
Back then I don't think I was mature enough or wise enough to know how to handle my credit reports..... But ya, it's still there since 2000.
Message 21 of 27
Iluvlola

No, my recent scores are from "Scoresense"
Message 22 of 27
DaniBananiie
Established Contributor

Capital One is a good place to start your creedit card journey. My first card was a Cap One at $1k, and look where I am now. We're always here for you if you need us. Now it's time for you to hit the garden, and let your seedling grow! Smiley Happy

photo IT_REDDAISY_zps2c12a8e3.gif
Message 23 of 27
tdrjustus3
Regular Contributor

It would be a good idea to pull your scores from myFico so you can see what your real scores are. Then you can post your TLs so you can get some help improving your scores.

No apps until 8/2014
March 2013 Starting FICO Score: EQ: 584 TU: 564 EX: ??
August 2013 Current FICO Scores: EQ:664 EX:684 Walmart TU: 666
Message 24 of 27
JonStur
Established Contributor

I still can't figure out why that 12 yo account is still there.. Paid or not they should be gone, unless they somehow have re-aged this debt... My total effort wold be spent getting to the bottom of this... In the meantime if there is a Walmart near, apply for them. They may even approve you  for their Discover version initially with your nice TU score...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 25 of 27
Iluvlola

Thank you again... You have been soooo helpful. Would it be wise to apply for a Walmart card so soon after being approved for a Capital one?
Message 26 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If your TU score is 710, I can't see why not. Like JonStur mentioned you might get their Discover card.
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.