Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card question

Looking for some advice.

I have a letter from chase for a no pull cli.  While normally some would jump for joy... this is a card that I have not been overly impressed with.  When I first got the card, I had some payment issues with chase.  On two occasions i've had to call for them to release the hold on my account after payment.  We had to three way call with my bank. That was about a year ago.  If I do use the chase card, I PIF when it posts.  This is my lowest limit card at 1.5k.  I've normally used it here and there for gas sometimes.  I have two other cards that I are my go to cards.  (5k limit and 10k limit).  My limits are well beyond my needs.  Do I take the CLI and continue on as usual, or get rid of the card and continue on as usual.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit card question

Personally, I would take the CLI and carry on as usual Smiley Happy Chase is very HP happy when it comes to CLI, so getting one for free is a blessing!

Also, not sure if you're looking to get any Chase cards in the future, but it's at least a good tradeline farm even if you only use it sparingly, since you can move the credit limit over if and when you get another card with Chase.

All the best in your journey, and congrats on your CLI offer!

Message 2 of 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@desgre90 wrote:

Looking for some advice.

I have a letter from chase for a no pull cli.  While normally some would jump for joy... this is a card that I have not been overly impressed with.  When I first got the card, I had some payment issues with chase.  On two occasions i've had to call for them to release the hold on my account after payment.  We had to three way call with my bank. That was about a year ago.  If I do use the chase card, I PIF when it posts.  This is my lowest limit card at 1.5k.  I've normally used it here and there for gas sometimes.  I have two other cards that I are my go to cards.  (5k limit and 10k limit).  My limits are well beyond my needs.  Do I take the CLI and continue on as usual, or get rid of the card and continue on as usual.

Thanks

I personally would take the free cli on your freedom card. You can use it for 5% categories still. I am an fan of keeping all my non af cards, but i think i am in minority. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the second opinion.  I accepted the increase to 3k.  No future plans at this moment in terms of credit cards.  Just to continue paying on the student loans.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow... so the plot thickens.  Since I accepted the 1.5k increase from chase to make 3k limit, I somehow without notice recieved a huge auto 5k CLI from capital one. (I just logged into my account tonight to check the balance, and noticed my available credit had changed).  I use the card often, but never close to my 5k limit.  This now matches my Amex limit.   Looks like I better buy a lottery ticket.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.