Iluvlola

Re: Credit card question

No, I absolutely paid Fashion bug off 12 years ago in full!!! They pulled such a fast one on me! They told me if I paid a certain fee, we would call it paid so I told them I couldn't pay til the following day as the funds wouldn't be avail until then. So the woman agreed not to take the money out until the the next day but she went ahead and tried to take it anyway and then turned around and reported that I never paid it! Ggrrrrrrrr!
Back then I don't think I was mature enough or wise enough to know how to handle my credit reports..... But ya, it's still there since 2000.
Iluvlola

No, my recent scores are from "Scoresense"
Established Contributor
DaniBananiie

Capital One is a good place to start your creedit card journey. My first card was a Cap One at $1k, and look where I am now. We're always here for you if you need us. Now it's time for you to hit the garden, and let your seedling grow! :smileyhappy:

photo IT_REDDAISY_zps2c12a8e3.gif
Regular Contributor
tdrjustus3

It would be a good idea to pull your scores from myFico so you can see what your real scores are. Then you can post your TLs so you can get some help improving your scores.

No apps until 8/2014
March 2013 Starting FICO Score: EQ: 584 TU: 564 EX: ??
August 2013 Current FICO Scores: EQ:664 EX:684 Walmart TU: 666
Established Contributor
JonStur

I still can't figure out why that 12 yo account is still there.. Paid or not they should be gone, unless they somehow have re-aged this debt... My total effort wold be spent getting to the bottom of this... In the meantime if there is a Walmart near, apply for them. They may even approve you  for their Discover version initially with your nice TU score...

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
Iluvlola

Thank you again... You have been soooo helpful. Would it be wise to apply for a Walmart card so soon after being approved for a Capital one?
09Lexie

If your TU score is 710, I can't see why not. Like JonStur mentioned you might get their Discover card.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}