Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card questions!

tag
hautemama
Regular Contributor

Credit card questions!

I recently applied for mileage plus explorer credit card and was approved for 5k. My credit in the past was not so good but recently bought a house and paid down my debt etc. also have an Amex Costco card and gold card. The Amex Costco is almost maxed out, how much should I pay down? They declined me for an Amex every day card prob d/t this reason.
I wanted a card for travel, hotels etc in case for the future and liked the sapphire. Should I app for this now?? Or wait awhile? I'm traveling to Europe in August and Vietnam in December. I mainly app' for the mileage plus bc I like to fly United (sometimes) and the free checked bag, access to the club and the $50 statement credit lol! But I also want the flexibility to book with other airlines and get better rewards so now the sapphire is sounding more appealing. Help!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card questions!

@hautemama wrote:
I recently applied for mileage plus explorer credit card and was approved for 5k. My credit in the past was not so good but recently bought a house and paid down my debt etc. also have an Amex Costco card and gold card. The Amex Costco is almost maxed out, how much should I pay down? They declined me for an Amex every day card prob d/t this reason.
I wanted a card for travel, hotels etc in case for the future and liked the sapphire. Should I app for this now?? Or wait awhile? I'm traveling to Europe in August and Vietnam in December. I mainly app' for the mileage plus bc I like to fly United (sometimes) and the free checked bag, access to the club and the $50 statement credit lol! But I also want the flexibility to book with other airlines and get better rewards so now the sapphire is sounding more appealing. Help!

If the card is maxed out, pay it down to at least 30% before applying.  What are your scores and how does your credit profile look like?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.