Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card receipts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card receipts

I only keep receipts for restaruants where I write in a tip. I want to make sure what I had given for the total matches the charge. I am weary of some wait staff.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MstrPTato wrote:

I only keep receipts for restaruants where I write in a tip. I want to make sure what I had given for the total matches the charge. I am weary of some wait staff.

I heard a story once where the Manager would reconcile the credit card receipts, he would make an amount for tip, if there was none there.  

Message 12 of 14
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

I heard a story once where the Manager would reconcile the credit card receipts, he would make an amount for tip, if there was none there.  

That'll get you fired, sooner or later. 

Happened to coworkers once; they went to Ruby Tuesday and got horrible service so they didn't leave a tip. Then my coworker discovered that the waitress went and charged her card extra for a tip. She promptly went back to the restaurant and made a huge deal of it. The waitress was fired on the spot. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 13 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I typically only keep receipts until the transactions clear/post and then I toss them. Gets annoying having so much paper around.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.