Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card rejection

tag
whatamess
Valued Member

Credit card rejection

Is it possible to be rejected for a credit card, and within thirty days of that rejection have positive info reported to your credit report.. And actually receive the card anyway? Or would another application have to be submitted to obtain the card?

Handle ya bidness, It pays!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit card rejection

I have never heard of something like this happening. It is possible that they keep the application and such on file and review it on their own. You can ring the lender and ask for a reconsideration yourself and you may get one without another credit check. You could also ring them when the new information updates and just ask them to refresh the report they have on file, but that would be no different from a new application.

Message 2 of 4
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@whatamess wrote:

Is it possible to be rejected for a credit card, and within thirty days of that rejection have positive info reported to your credit report.. And actually receive the card anyway? Or would another application have to be submitted to obtain the card?

Yes, buts YMMV. Its called recon. Some CCC like Chase keep your application and report on file for 30 days and you 30 days to recon. They ask you if they would pull another report. But like I said YMMV, all lenders are different

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 4
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

It happened to me. I applied for the Chase Freedom and was denied. I did a recon and was approved but as the recon was still in process of being reviewed, I received a denial letter for the card even though I ultimately got it. It was nerve racking!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.