Established Member
smither871

Credit card reporting

I paid off three credit cards in June, but on my latest score watch they are still reporting a balance. Does anyone know how long it usually take for credit card reporting to catch up with my payments?

8/2009 equifax 551
9/2010 equifax 650
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Credit card reporting

Hi, welcome to the forums!

Did you pay them off after the June statements? Do they show $0 balances for July? If so, they should certainly have updated by now. You have pulled a new Scorewatch, right? The previous ones don't update. You have to have a new one to show what's currently on your reports.

Which cards are these? Are these store cards, by any chance? Sometimes they don't update the new $0 balance, and the old balance just keeps reporting.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Member
smither871

Re: Credit card reporting

They are merrick bank, HSBC, and Barclay's. I am not certain if I paid them off for the June or July cycle.

8/2009 equifax 551
9/2010 equifax 650

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+