Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card spree aftermath....another story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card spree aftermath....another story

I posted on this earlier but maybe the post was  lost?  In the U.S. for 10 yrs.   I've learned like tons from this board but only found it , maybe, afew months ago?  Before today, I had 5K exposure on AMEX (Costco), Credit One, Barclay Rewards MC, Milestone, Eddie Bauer and Fingerhut earning me 5k total credit.  Not bad for 10 yrs, huh?  Credit scores (TrnsU, Equifax, and Exp were high 600s last 2 wks maybe.  Past week I apply and received the following:  CSP (5k), US AIR (4K), RITZ (7K) whoa, never expected that!!!, Macy's (1K), VS, 500 and J. Crew (1200).  NEVER would have done without reading your  board.  Now, I (think???)  need to worry about AMEX panicking most.  Always PIF everything. BUT, need to go to wedding away from NY to NC in May.  Have sufficient cash so should I use new cards for authorizations on hotel, car and airplane ONLY and then pay cash OR charge (spread equally) across Barclay (2), Chase (2), and Amex.  This is what credit is for,no?   Just worried about AMEX after reading so many people seem to be asked for financial documents.  NO NEW cards now, in garden as you say for 1 yr maybe or probably.  Overall, though, i am very financially stable.  (EQ score went up 13 pts after seeing US AIR).  I thought would be fun to stay in Ritz Charlotte for 2-3 night but maybe not so good idea right now.  Your feedback is most welcome, friends.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit card spree aftermath....another story

I see no problem in Amex freaking out.  I would use your credit cards for travel, most hotels hold a deposit when using your debit card.  I recommend checking in with a credit card and checking out how you want, but you have reward cards so I would use them to get the rewards.  Pay them off before of after your statement cuts.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 6
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Your other thread was moved to approvals, because you were being congratulated for opening new cards.

This post is different, since mentioning cards already open.

Tis the way the forum works. Smiley Wink
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

the stress of new apps will end soon (i stress every time).   don't panic...   AMEX will be fine.

use them, make your spends, and enjoy!      :]

Message 4 of 6
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Seriously, I stressed after bomb dropped with first five figure card, I didn't even accept. It was approved for 5k (fine) came as 10k.

So far, no adverse actions. Waiting on a couple balance transfers, to make everyone happy (I will never even get close to half the Barclays 10k limit, need to give them some action). Givin lot of love to Amex, and plenty left over for some a Chase action. Cap One must sit on sidelines.
Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for input.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.