Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card suggestions.....Uhhhh.

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Credit card suggestions.....Uhhhh.

SDFCU secured card is a MUCH better option for rebuilders than Credit One and First Premier.
Message 31 of 69
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it just me, or is there at least two things wrong with this picture? Smiley Wink

LOL.  Without reading rest of thread, already know where you are going with this.  Taking advertising dollars from a collection agency?  Are you trying to imply MYFICO is desperate?  (Oh my, bad CL Smiley Tongue)

Why on earth would CreditOne be a suggestion?

Because it's a ...ummm... credit card?  I believe the whole colorful marquee is credit cards right?  Plus they found a home in the advertising space with myFICO.

It's two steps above a pay day loan at best. Smiley Indifferent

Perhaps predatory in nature, but it still fills a niche/demand for the market that it serves.  While it may not be a suitable product fo you or I, some individuals may not have other options.

It is far better to get a secured card, even cap one gives those out.  Then, at least you get your money back.  They have no grace period, the secured card I had with credit union offered same perks as the regular card.  Credit One serves a market where folks (like me once) are not educated enough to know better,  my growth came from a single secured product.  ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN CREDIT ONE.  Start a secured installment loan, save up the money used for fees to PFD, etc.  they are predatory, and will take many years to even closely approximate capital one (which is why they still use the rip off logo).  Uh, need another drink Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 32 of 69
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

i think the whole loud banner has no class....    "mcFICO"   lmao

Actually, I use my iPad for everything, I don't get those colors, and didn't know about the score delineations, until someone posted the computer screen shots.

Signature needs updating
Message 33 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it just me, or is there at least two things wrong with this picture? Smiley Wink

LOL.  Without reading rest of thread, already know where you are going with this.  Taking advertising dollars from a collection agency?  Are you trying to imply MYFICO is desperate?  (Oh my, bad CL Smiley Tongue)

Why on earth would CreditOne be a suggestion?

Because it's a ...ummm... credit card?  I believe the whole colorful marquee is credit cards right?  Plus they found a home in the advertising space with myFICO.

It's two steps above a pay day loan at best. Smiley Indifferent

Perhaps predatory in nature, but it still fills a niche/demand for the market that it serves.  While it may not be a suitable product fo you or I, some individuals may not have other options.

It is far better to get a secured card, even cap one gives those out.  Then, at least you get your money back.  They have no grace period, the secured card I had with credit union offered same perks as the regular card.  Credit One serves a market where folks (like me once) are not educated enough to know better,  my growth came from a single secured product.  ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN CREDIT ONE.  Start a secured installment loan, save up the money used for fees to PFD, etc.  they are predatory, and will take many years to even closely approximate capital one (which is why they still use the rip off logo).  Uh, need another drink Smiley Tongue

There is always better options than CreditOne. +1

Message 34 of 69
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
SDFCU secured card is a MUCH better option for rebuilders than Credit One and First Premier.

^^^^ * gazillion Smiley Happy

Signature needs updating
Message 35 of 69
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

No one is arguing that point folks.  My point is, statistically, myFICO (or other credit forums) represent a small universe of the population that would draw individuals from all backgrounds to make more educated choices for either starting out or rebuilding.  And, while the internet has vast resources from financial literacy to lending products, it still doesn't reach far enough. 

Another item to keep in mind, and while I'm not advocating First Premier or Credit One as a first line of credit card choices, there are still going to be plenty of individuals who may not qualify for traditional lending (even in the subprime model) or have much of an option, even by SDFCU or Capital (secured or unsecured) standards. 

Message 36 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

No one is arguing that point folks.  My point is, statistically, myFICO (or other credit forums) represent a small universe of the population that would draw individuals from all backgrounds to make more educated choices for either starting out or rebuilding.  And, while the internet has vast resources from financial literacy to lending products, it still doesn't reach far enough. 

Another item to keep in mind, and while I'm not advocating First Premier or Credit One as a first line of credit card choices, there are still going to be plenty of individuals who may not qualify for traditional lending (even in the subprime model) or have much of an option, even by SDFCU or Capital (secured or unsecured) standards. 

My point is WHY is MyFICO advertising a known scum lender with despicable practices?

Message 37 of 69
Open123
Super Contributor

Nixon wrote:

FinStar wrote:

Imperfectfuture wrote:

baller4life wrote:

My point is WHY is MyFICO advertising a known scum lender with despicable practices?

Well, as Finstar had alluded to, for those rebuilding, some will not qualify for a secured CC.  Rather than waste time for things to drop off, it's worth paying the fee to rebuild faster.  In a year or two when rebuilding is underway, one can always close the card.

Message 38 of 69
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Free enterprise system.  $$$$  Period.  You can voice your concerns with FICO, but that's going to be like pelting a battleship with a pebble.  Plus, I'm sure you are aware of their disclosure? 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Message 39 of 69
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Well, as Finstar had alluded to, for those rebuilding, some will not qualify for a secured CC.  Rather than waste time for things to drop off, it's worth paying the fee to rebuild faster.  In a year or two when rebuilding is underway, one can always close the card.

Exactly.  Take a look at the underserved comunities across the country.  You don't need to go very far from where you live to see that even the most basic of all banking services doesn't even reach the average individual.  Thankfully, most individuals who can move beyond that point will learn from others that there are other options once things improve in their financial lives and they can eventually cut their ties with Credit One, Open Sky, First Premier, etc.

Message 40 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.