cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card suggestions, what should I try to get?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit card suggestions, what should I try to get?

Oh thanks, myjourney

OP: best advice I can give is to get your util down. Applying for new cc's will not be in your best interest. Once paid, I'd sd the high APR cc's and never carry a balance on them.

Myjourney is absolutely correct. High util plus liens will not make your cr profile acceptable to the lenders you desire.
Message 11 of 13
primechicken
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Double edged sword tax liens and high UTL 

I recommend you hit the garden and pay down debts 

+1 Garden. Btw impressive that you have a 3000 line from Target, but how on earth do you have a 2500 balance? Nice job with the Barclays jumps too! But yeah, I'd try to pay those down. ASAP.

I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 12 of 13
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies! I totally understand where you are coming from reguarding paying down the balances. I actually didn't think they were that bad. Only two cards are carrying a balance but Target is a little on the high side (electronics dept shopping). The rest are either PIF by the due date or not getting any use. Utilization currently about 38% reported. 

As for the tax liens, I didn't get the winning Powerball ticket that I requested last night so they aren't going anywhere. 

My reason for getting another card or two is to have cards with higher limits and lower interest. But I guess your right, I need to do a little work to make that happen.  Barclay's has the low interest offer so if I pay down Target, I'll have Barclays as the only card with a decent balance (utilization on that card would be less than 50% then). I'll probably have a better shot at being approved for better cards.  

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.