09Lexie

Re: Credit card suggestions, what should I try to get?

Oh thanks, myjourney

OP: best advice I can give is to get your util down. Applying for new cc's will not be in your best interest. Once paid, I'd sd the high APR cc's and never carry a balance on them.

Myjourney is absolutely correct. High util plus liens will not make your cr profile acceptable to the lenders you desire.
New Contributor
primechicken

myjourney wrote:

Double edged sword tax liens and high UTL 

I recommend you hit the garden and pay down debts 

+1 Garden. Btw impressive that you have a 3000 line from Target, but how on earth do you have a 2500 balance? Nice job with the Barclays jumps too! But yeah, I'd try to pay those down. ASAP.

Amex BCE 6k; Amex Hhonors 4k; Quicksilver 3.5k; Chase Freedom 3k; Desert Schools 3k; Bank Americard 1.5k; Discover IT 1k; Sallie Mae 650
Lowe's 9k; Sam's Club 8.5k; Walmart 4k; Chevron 2k
Established Contributor
masscredit

Thanks for the replies! I totally understand where you are coming from reguarding paying down the balances. I actually didn't think they were that bad. Only two cards are carrying a balance but Target is a little on the high side (electronics dept shopping). The rest are either PIF by the due date or not getting any use. Utilization currently about 38% reported. 

As for the tax liens, I didn't get the winning Powerball ticket that I requested last night so they aren't going anywhere. 

My reason for getting another card or two is to have cards with higher limits and lower interest. But I guess your right, I need to do a little work to make that happen.  Barclay's has the low interest offer so if I pay down Target, I'll have Barclays as the only card with a decent balance (utilization on that card would be less than 50% then). I'll probably have a better shot at being approved for better cards.  

|****$8000****|****$6000*****|****$6000*****|****$2500****|****$1600****|****$3000*****|*****$1400*****|****$1350*****|
EX - 657 (MyFico 10/02/14) TU - 657 (Walmart 11/08/14 ) EQ 04 - 701 (DCU -11/28/14) EQ 08 - 684 (MyFico -12/04/14)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}