Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card suggestions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card suggestions

Trying to build my wife's credit history/build a decent credit portfolio. Ran the 3 free reports, plan on getting the scores as well.

Her credit record isn't the greates:

• AAoA - 3.1 years
  • Combined credit (closed and open) - $7,000 (open - $3,700/3 accounts)
  • 3 baddies (3 30 day late payments from 1/2014 - $37, 9/2010 - $11, and 12/2008 - $35) - TU shows 3, EX shows 2
  • 1 HP - 4/13  
  • $0 balance on all credit lines (open and closed) 

Would prefer rewards cards (around 3 of them) to work around what I have (I have SM MC, Freedom, Discover It - she is listed as AU on all 3). Given her situation, and assuming her score is not going to be high, we were thinking along the lines of Barclaycard Rewards MC, Capital One Quicksilver and Regular Chase Sapphire.

Barclaycard looks attractvie as it is rated for Fair/Good credit and gives 2% on utilities

Quicksilver - 1.5% flat cashback (It's Capital One)

Regular Sapphire - 2% dining, 2% travel through Chase portal (We heavilty use our checking account)

FYI, she periodically receiveds pre-approval letters for an AmEX, Chase Freedom and some Capital one card. We ran the preapproval on Chase, and it came up with Slate along with Sapphire Preferred and Freedom as other suggestions.   

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit card suggestions

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.