Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card that does not check experian

tag
fmedina2
Established Member

Credit card that does not check experian

I recently applied for the Amex blue cash and got denied because they checked my experian report. I checked it and see that for some reason my experian shows that I have 0 accounts and only student loans. It doesnt show my other credit cards or auto loan. I currently have an investigation going on with them so hopefully that will be fixed soon. I have a great credit score of 750 and was looking for a good credit card with good cash rewards that does not check experian. I was looking at Amex and Chase Freedom but they both check experian. Any other recommendations?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
aftermath
Established Contributor

Re: Credit card that does not check experian

There's no real guarantee on which CRA a bank will pull.

It also varies by location of where you live.

I know in California, the majority of the banks pull Experian, with the exception of Discover who pulls EQ and Barclays who pulls TU.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 2 of 18
fmedina2
Established Member

I am located in Florida. The issue here is I don't want another hard pull on my record if they check experian because I know I will be instantly denied.

Message 3 of 18
aftermath
Established Contributor

Go to google and type in "Credit Pull Database"

Click on the first link that you see.

You can choose your state, the name of the creditor, make sure to not select a CRA, and see which CRA those companies pull in your state.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 4 of 18
csd456
Established Member

I live in AZ and BofA pulled TU today for a new card application.  Last fall I had 3 hard pulls from BofA (CC, auto loan, mortgage) and all were pulled from EX.   I guess you can't figure it out completely.

I do mostly see on these posts that Discover pulls TU. 

Message 5 of 18
fmedina2
Established Member

I'll give discover a shot. 

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover pulled equifax for me in Florida about 2 weeks ago.

Message 7 of 18
fmedina2
Established Member

Well it is being processed which I assume it means it wasn't instantly denied which I also assume they didn't check experian. I hope they do check equifax. How long does this process usually take?

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know. I called the backdoor number listed in the stickied post at the top of the forum and was given a decision over the phone after being asked some questions.

Message 9 of 18
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@fmedina2 wrote:

I am located in Florida. The issue here is I don't want another hard pull on my record if they check experian because I know I will be instantly denied.

I'm in Florida, too, and most of my pulls have been EQ or TU. No guarantees, though.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.