cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card under review after receiving it.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card under review after receiving it.

I just received my Chase freedom card a few days ago. I made a few purchases and paid some bills recently since receiving it. I tried to use it today and it was declined. I called customer service and was told it's under review. Does anyone know the exact process with that or what's going on? They said they would call me back in the next 24 hours. I haven't had the card for a week yet so I'm confused. Thank you.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit card under review after receiving it.

Thats really weird.....it's possible they softed your reports and seem something they didnt like and are manually reviewing.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just received my Chase freedom card a few days ago. I made a few purchases and paid some bills recently since receiving it. I tried to use it today and it was declined. I called customer service and was told it's under review. Does anyone know the exact process with that or what's going on? They said they would call me back in the next 24 hours. I haven't had the card for a week yet so I'm confused. Thank you.

Wow, this sure is scary for me.  I just got my Chase Freedom last week and have already spent about $1500 on it and paid $1200 of it off already as well.  I hope they don't soft my TU and see my collections, or soft me in a couple weeks and see my other new accounts and do the same to me.

Did you ask customer service for more details about it being under review, as in why and what that means, and what they are reviewing?  Let us know what they say and/or what happens.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

Have you made any cash advances? there was someone here that the first thing he did when he got his card was made  a cash advance which made cc company suspicous but dont think it was  Chase

Message 4 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

That was a member who had capital one and did a cash advance right out the gate with it........smh

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Has anything changed on your reports since you applied ? Increased utilization or negatives ?
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 7
pakman92
Established Contributor

This happened to me once and i didn't like it.  It turned out that I never activated the card....  Perhaps that's the case?

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.