Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card wish list (phase 2)

tag
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit card wish list (phase 2)

@Anonymous wrote:

My wish list is for an apr below 7% without rewards and no annual fee. Help anyone.

Www.iberiabank.com

https://www.simmonsfirst.com/creditcards/apply/default.aspx

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 21 of 26
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My wish list is for an apr below 7% without rewards and no annual fee. Help anyone.

Www.iberiabank.com

https://www.simmonsfirst.com/creditcards/apply/default.aspx

Those are about the only options, but they demand exceptionally high credit standards. Your FICOs should be at 800 or above (so basically flawless), and they will verify employment.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditScholar,

Thank you for your reply and links to Iberia and Simmons banks. I have both of those with their lowest rates and now need to work on CLI. I also have a 6.99% APR card with USAA.

I'm still watching for lower rates,if possible. Last year a forum member wrote about his CU offering 6.5%. I PM'd him for the name. I'll share it if he replies.

Message 23 of 26
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

While low APR is great...People really prefer reward cards. I hate interest and I try to avoid paying it at all costs! LOL. SO far...it has paid off.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 24 of 26
LilNYC
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CreditScholar,

Thank you for your reply and links to Iberia and Simmons banks. I have both of those with their lowest rates and now need to work on CLI. I also have a 6.99% APR card with USAA.

I'm still watching for lower rates,if possible. Last year a forum member wrote about his CU offering 6.5%. I PM'd him for the name. I'll share it if he replies.

First Command- 6.25% (you have to be a client first, so visit a branch & open a no fee cheking acct)

Amerprise world mc elie- 6.24% (must be a client, $150 AF unless you're a achiever circle elite client)

Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

LilNYC,

Thanks for the leads to First Command and Ameriprise and their respective 6.25% - 6.24% APR cards.

TOS for Ameriprise does not detail how to avoid the AF. Both have representatives in my area.

They both look like broker/dealers - hope they don't try a hard upsale.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.