Established Contributor
emptypockets

Re: Credit card wish list (phase 2)

[ Edited ]

MoneyPurchaseOptions wrote:

My wish list is for an apr below 7% without rewards and no annual fee. Help anyone.

Www.iberiabank.com

https://www.simmonsfirst.com/creditcards/apply/default.aspx

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Nordstrom Visa,US Bank Cash+, Chase (5), Huntington Voice, UMB Visa, Dillard's AMEX, Barclay's Visa, Citi (4), Discover IT, Walmart Discover, Sam's MC, Cabela's Visa, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, 5/3 RLR MC, Macy's AMEX; Several store cards.

Current Scores: EQ (6/14): 800; TU MyFico (6/14): 814; Walmart TU Fico 08 (8/7/2014): 816; EX (6/14): 775
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar

emptypockets wrote:

My wish list is for an apr below 7% without rewards and no annual fee. Help anyone.

Www.iberiabank.com

https://www.simmonsfirst.com/creditcards/apply/default.aspx

Those are about the only options, but they demand exceptionally high credit standards. Your FICOs should be at 800 or above (so basically flawless), and they will verify employment.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Member
MoneyPurchaseOptions

CreditScholar,

Thank you for your reply and links to Iberia and Simmons banks. I have both of those with their lowest rates and now need to work on CLI. I also have a 6.99% APR card with USAA.

I'm still watching for lower rates,if possible. Last year a forum member wrote about his CU offering 6.5%. I PM'd him for the name. I'll share it if he replies.

No interest in low interest rate credit cards?
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

While low APR is great...People really prefer reward cards. I hate interest and I try to avoid paying it at all costs! LOL. SO far...it has paid off.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 758 (EQ) 741 (EX) 768 (TU) 8/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Discover (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

New Contributor
LilNYC

CreditScholar,

Thank you for your reply and links to Iberia and Simmons banks. I have both of those with their lowest rates and now need to work on CLI. I also have a 6.99% APR card with USAA.

I'm still watching for lower rates,if possible. Last year a forum member wrote about his CU offering 6.5%. I PM'd him for the name. I'll share it if he replies.

First Command- 6.25% (you have to be a client first, so visit a branch & open a no fee cheking acct)

Amerprise world mc elie- 6.24% (must be a client, $150 AF unless you're a achiever circle elite client)

Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Valued Member
MoneyPurchaseOptions

LilNYC,

Thanks for the leads to First Command and Ameriprise and their respective 6.25% - 6.24% APR cards.

TOS for Ameriprise does not detail how to avoid the AF. Both have representatives in my area.

They both look like broker/dealers - hope they don't try a hard upsale.

No interest in low interest rate credit cards?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+