Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card wish list (phase 2)

tag
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit card wish list (phase 2)

@Creditaddict wrote:

Why bother with increasing the secured CL? I would close the Capital One and if you bank with Wells or something, maybe keep.

Discover, have you tried the pre-qual? you could probably get now... More or the new "it" I like the "it" but not sure it's really different from more but either way, newest out, I like it better! lol

and I would say Navy Credit Card and Navy Nav Check for sure. what about refi with them?

+1 I def agree with you on the "revised" priority list for Duncarr

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 11 of 26
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@AvaMommy wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Why bother with increasing the secured CL? I would close the Capital One and if you bank with Wells or something, maybe keep.

Discover, have you tried the pre-qual? you could probably get now... More or the new "it" I like the "it" but not sure it's really different from more but either way, newest out, I like it better! lol

and I would say Navy Credit Card and Navy Nav Check for sure. what about refi with them?

What would be the best way to time the refi with NFCU?  Should I start banking with them now and then refi with them in 6 months or just do all of it in 6 months?  Has anyone had a refi with them recently? How sensitive are they to recent inquiries/new accounts?

EDIT: PS. I tried the prequalify site for Discover and didnt have any offers there.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 26
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Garden till June, July.... 2013.......
8 yr bk mark...

Amex zync.... Discover it..........

Message 13 of 26
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

@AvaMommy wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

What would be the best way to time the refi with NFCU?  Should I start banking with them now and then refi with them in 6 months or just do all of it in 6 months?  Has anyone had a refi with them recently? How sensitive are they to recent inquiries/new accounts?

EDIT: PS. I tried the prequalify site for Discover and didnt have any offers there.

I havent refi'd yet with they only my vechicle...I would join with them NOW and then setup some type of DD with the accts you open. I have 1 CA 1 CO (not mine) 2 paid Collections and inqs from last yr shopping for a car and home. Was able to get a CC (12K) and refi my truck (2.59%) with them

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 14 of 26
rtw
Established Contributor

Amex BCP in January. It will be an SP if I get denied.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 15 of 26
jamlovesgrapes
Established Member

Amex Hilton so I can use the AXON - my Citi Hilton Reserve is much better for points

JP Morgan Select 5K, CSP 5K, JP Morgan Ritz Carlton 5K, Southwest Premier 5K, Marriott Premier 5K, Chase Freedom 1.5K, Chase Ink Bold, Citi Hilton Reserve 7K, Citi Hilton Visa Signature 5K, Citi AA Platinum World MC 5K, Citi TY Preferred 5.75K, Discover IT 2.5K, BOA BankAmericard Travel 5K, BOA BankAmericard Cash 15K, Cap1 Cash Rewards 5K, PayPal Extras MC 4.4K, AMEX Blue Sky AU 11K
Message 16 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Duncanrr wrote:

@AvaMommy wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

NFCU is not inquiry sensitive. I did a vehicle refi with them and it was easy peasy.

In my opinion, leave the Chase Sapphire alone.  Your Amazon card has better rewards.  Consider the Sapphire Preferred if your travel needs would justify the Annual Fee.   Slate is pretty useless, especially since Chase Amazon has decent BT offers.  I currently have an offer to do a BT with 0% until Nov 2013, with a 1% BT fee.

I don't like Citi, so I would personally never apply for one. 

Amex BCE is a decent card, I would consider that one.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 17 of 26
gettnthere
Established Contributor

well im Gardening for now, but as far as my wish on my next card:

*whichever lender will break me free from "toy limit" hell Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

My wish..............

The CSP!

With a nice 10K limit!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wish list is for an apr below 7% without rewards and no annual fee. Help anyone.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.