cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card with tiny credit line. Can I have it deleted?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card with tiny credit line. Can I have it deleted?

That is highly possible but one card I got approved for and changed my mind the next day never showed up on my CR, just the inquiry.  Maybe I cancelled before they had a chance to load it to the system.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a newer card (already active and used) that I might not want anymore because of the CL is very low. They would not give me a CLI. What are the chances if I ask this bank to cancel and delete/remove from CRAs? The card does nothing except lower my average age.

You know that old saying "You break it you buy it?" You applied, accepted, and now it's all yours Smiley Wink

This is where my unhappiness with the "system" comes into play.

Yes they applied, but where do you have the chance to accept or deny? Once they approve you, you are bound to the terms the CCC offers. There should be a system in place that allows US the CONSUMERS to reject an offer if it is not to our satisfaction.

Once I get off my lazy butt I plan on writing a letter to the Senate Sub-Committee for Finance expressing the need for such a system as the current one is blatantly anti consumer.

You have the chance before activation. Simply call and say I changed my little mind Smiley Surprised

Incorrect. If you call and simply say you changed your mind they will simply close the account, not remove the TL from your credit report. The second you are approved you're pretty much stuck with the TL.

Activating is merely saying you received the card. Whether you activate or not, the account is still open.

Message Edited by db23 on 08-28-2007 09:09 AM

Activation is to insure that you receive the card you applied for. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear.  Yes, the account has been opened when you applied, and if you change your mind and call when you receive that card to cancel it, they generally do not report it to the CB as a tradeline since it's only been open a week at best and you haven't used it. there's been no activity hence nothing to report.
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did activate it. Then I used it to force it to report on CR. I wasn't thinking about canceling it a few months ago. I was thinking CLI would be easy.

Thanks for the opinions. I decided with your help to keep it for now and push for CLI's every 6 months with out inq pull. Maybe not this year, but I'm sure by 12-18 months I should be able to get a CLI. In the mean time I have extra history building. My revolving area is now complete. Time to work on my installments. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-28-2007 09:13 AM
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a newer card (already active and used) that I might not want anymore because of the CL is very low. They would not give me a CLI. What are the chances if I ask this bank to cancel and delete/remove from CRAs? The card does nothing except lower my average age.

You know that old saying "You break it you buy it?" You applied, accepted, and now it's all yours Smiley Wink

This is where my unhappiness with the "system" comes into play.

Yes they applied, but where do you have the chance to accept or deny? Once they approve you, you are bound to the terms the CCC offers. There should be a system in place that allows US the CONSUMERS to reject an offer if it is not to our satisfaction.

Once I get off my lazy butt I plan on writing a letter to the Senate Sub-Committee for Finance expressing the need for such a system as the current one is blatantly anti consumer.

You have the chance before activation. Simply call and say I changed my little mind Smiley Surprised

Incorrect. If you call and simply say you changed your mind they will simply close the account, not remove the TL from your credit report. The second you are approved you're pretty much stuck with the TL.

Activating is merely saying you received the card. Whether you activate or not, the account is still open.

Message Edited by db23 on 08-28-2007 09:09 AM

Activation is to insure that you receive the card you applied for. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Yes, the account has been opened when you applied, and if you change your mind and call when you receive that card to cancel it, they generally do not report it to the CB as a tradeline since it's only been open a week at best and you haven't used it. there's been no activity hence nothing to report.

Are you just making this nonsense up off the top of your head?

In the last 4 months I've received 12 new credit cards. 11 of them were reporting BEFORE I EVEN RECEIVED THE CARD.
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

db23 wrote:

Are you just making this nonsense up off the top of your head?

In the last 4 months I've received 12 new credit cards. 11 of them were reporting BEFORE I EVEN RECEIVED THE CARD.

I agree with db23. I applied for a card online on July 4th (a holiday no less). It was instantly approved and on the 5th was already on my CR. Two weeks later I got the card, activated it and then read the terms and conditions and changed my mind. I called and cancelled without ever using it, but I am stuck with a TL that was placed on my CR before I even got the card.
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you are both correct. In the past some of my credit cards were also appearing on my CR before I received them. Some do, some don't. I still was able to remove them from my CR. Smiley Happy I used to apply, wait to see what the credit line would be, then cancel with out activating if CL was unusable. Then request from the bank to GW-Remove from my cr. It's kind of like returning an unopened item from a store. I would say it might not be the most conventional thing to do, but some banks will remove it for you if all accounts are in good standing. I have done it with a Best Buy card and some bank cards. Some banks refused to remove. Actually my Best Buy card was active and used for 1 year and they still removed it from my CR by GW request. I just wrote 5 GW requests today. They work!
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is true too. If you cancel before they had the chance to report it often does not report. I have seen this on my credit reports too. Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

ilovepizza wrote:
Yes you are both correct. In the past some of my credit cards were also appearing on my CR before I received them. Some do, some don't. I still was able to remove them from my CR. Smiley Happy I used to apply, wait to see what the credit line would be, then cancel with out activating if CL was unusable. Then request from the bank to GW-Remove from my cr. It's kind of like returning an unopened item from a store. I would say it might not be the most conventional thing to do, but some banks will remove it for you if all accounts are in good standing. I have done it with a Best Buy card and some bank cards. Some banks refused to remove. Actually my Best Buy card was active and used for 1 year and they still removed it from my CR by GW request. I just wrote 5 GW requests today. They work!

Thanks for expressing that pizza .  I know that some do report and that's why I said generally speaking.  Keep on keeping on    Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The key is the report date. If you apply right after they do their monthly update you should have time to cancel the account and avoid posting to your CR. If you apply 1 week before they update, chances are it will hit your CR before you receive the card. Either way a GW request can often have it manually removed from your CR. The banks have nothing to loose by removing a good account. Just depends on if the person receiving your GW is willing to help out of just kindness.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.