Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card

tag
JASON34GATORS
Contributor

Credit card

Has anyone been denied a credit card then the one you were trying to get comes in the mail?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Incredulous
Established Member

Re: Credit card

I'm a bit confused. Did you get an invitation to apply or the actual card?

Message 2 of 10
JASON34GATORS
Contributor

No just apply for a credit card and get denied and then the card came so  you werent denied that was ? i was asking

Message 3 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

We have seen cases of that rare but yes it does happen

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 10
JASON34GATORS
Contributor

Thank you

Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

We have seen cases of that rare but yes it does happen

+1

Plus for the sake of clarity OP.  Did you get declined with a letter that mentioned the reasons for being declined or are you saying you applied and received a 7-10 message/unable to approve at this time (or something similar)?

Message 6 of 10
JASON34GATORS
Contributor

Well I applied for us bank card I got letter saying I was denied because they couldn't pull my other 2 credit reports because they are frozen but then a couple days later the only one that wasn't frozen they pulled a hard

Message 7 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, that makes sense, but this can typically happen if the app was left as "pending" on a final CRA verification if others were frozen.  IMV, the letter doesn't seem like an ouright denial since an individual still has the opportunity to contact the lender and finish the processing by providing the code or an alternate CR to pull as requested.  So, in your case, it looks like it all worked out either way.

Message 8 of 10
JASON34GATORS
Contributor

Good well see thank you

Message 9 of 10
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I have applied, got the 7-10 day message, called and found out I was denied, and asked them to recon, and got a denied letter in the mail and then the actual card in the mail when my recon was approved.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.