Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards after closing

tag
Lpbelleza27
Valued Member

Credit cards after closing

Since i just closed a house. I immediately apply for credit cards. Got approved for discovery it for $8k and american express blue sky for $5k. Can i apply for one more credit card like lowes or home depot? Will this so many inquiries affect me negatively in a few days/months? How many points , do you guys think will my credit score be lowered?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Credit cards after closing

@Lpbelleza27 wrote:
Since i just closed a house. I immediately apply for credit cards. Got approved for discovery it for $8k and american express blue sky for $5k. Can i apply for one more credit card like lowes or home depot? Will this so many inquiries affect me negatively in a few days/months? How many points , do you guys think will my credit score be lowered?

Congrats on the house and new cards 

If you want one more card go for it. There's no way of telling how your scores will react sorry no one can tell you that may go up may go down

Good luck should you apply 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on the closing! I'd definitely say Lowes- and if the CL they approve is too low then call Credit Solutions. You will probably see a drop when your mortgage hits but it will rebound. I wouldn't go overboard in apping. Just get the cards you need cause its going to be awhile in the garden.
Message 3 of 4
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Lpbelleza27 wrote:

Congrats on the house and new cards 

If you want one more card go for it. There's no way of telling how your scores will react sorry no one can tell you that may go up may go down

Good luck should you apply 

I would say go for it now, and let all the inquiries age together at the same time.  Remember they stay for 2 years on your reports.  Afterwards, i would suggest gardening for 6-12 months before apping for anything else, and let your scores rebound.  Good to do it now before the mortgage starts reporting. 

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.