Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit cards, consolidation, scoring--looking for help!

Yes-
UTL is revolving balances/Credit line.

Like I said- Toss this into MS money as well before you pull the trigger.

knowlejboy wrote:
Thanks for all the help--sorry, don't completely understand what you mean by 10% utl? Sound like at least a partial consoldiation to get my debt to credit ratio below 30% and at least half my cards to zero would be a big help--is that right?

Re: Bad debt on my fico

Highlighted

I have a credit scores Experian 664, Transunion 643 and Equifax 620. I have qualified for a house and am in the application process. The mortgage company asked if there was anyway I could pay off 2 finance company loans. I am trying to determine if I should increase my personal signature loan through my bank to consolildate them and lower my monthly paymentd? My interest rate would be cheaper and my term would go to 18months with no increase in my current payment. I am not sure if doing this will drag my scores down. At first I thought I could put them on my credit cards but I just paid those off and have zero balances on each of them. I have available credit of $3300 between the 2 cards and the 2 personal loans would almost max out them out. My bank loan is currently $776.52. It orignally started out at 4800 and I pay $200 a month on it and only have a few months on it. Any advice would be helpful. 

I can only warn you about BAC.......I had a large balance....$14,000.......I paid down $11,500......within a week, they stripped me of my line of credit.....barely enough

to match what I still owe........they do not have a good reputation for treating their long term customers very well.......

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.