cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards for my current situation.

tag
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit cards for my current situation.

@Anonymous wrote:

You should know it might be more than 1 inq. They pulled both EX and EQ for me. If the approval is borderline multiple inqs are possible. Also if you get the 7-10 day review message dont freak out (I freaked out a little) its not always an indication of denial. Took an hour for my approval email to come through

Aw man!  So they pulled two.  I guess that's better than Cap One who pulls all three...  Thanks a lot for the info!!

Current FICOs: (11-02-15) EQ- 623 (628) / EX- 643 / TU- 679
Starting FICOs: (May 2014) Low to mid 500s (all 3 bureaus)
GOAL: As HIGH as possible! All 3 FICOs above 680/700 will be NICE!!!
Total Credit Limits- $104,120
Message 11 of 19
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
They will mainly pullEQ or EX.

That's what I was just told...  My TU is more than 40 pts. higher than both EQ and EX.  Maybe I need to deny this itch and hold off...  It's good to know where they typically pull from to make a more informed decision.  Thanks!

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to diss Capital One bc they are great for rebuilders but honestly if I had felt confident about Chase I would have applied for that card first and had no need to apply for a Capital One card until my scores were much higher due to their love of throwing people into the credit steps program Smiley Tongue Do what you feel is best for yourself

Message 13 of 19
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@ERoosky99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You should know it might be more than 1 inq. They pulled both EX and EQ for me. If the approval is borderline multiple inqs are possible. Also if you get the 7-10 day review message dont freak out (I freaked out a little) its not always an indication of denial. Took an hour for my approval email to come through

Aw man!  So they pulled two.  I guess that's better than Cap One who pulls all three...  Thanks a lot for the info!!

when your scores are below 650, INQ's don't hurt much, the new TL will probably help more than the INQ will hurt. and in 6 months the INQ and new TL's have less impact on your score and it will go even higher, yes it sucks to have low scores, but when you are APP'ing for rebuilder cards, the approvals feel good and the new TL boost your score, when you arrive in primeville you don't want to AP more than once every 6 months for a card for fear of a denial, or what sometimes feels worse is getting a card with a low CL, less than 5k,  that you once would of been over joyed at getting. Try and enjoy the rebuiding phase.   

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 14 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

And not always borderline.  Chase is always double pulling me, and then giving me decent limits ($10K+) and Citi has done the same.   But I'm with the camp of trusting the preapproval from Chase, unless something has happened to your credit report very recently.  Go for the Freedom.

Message 15 of 19
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Smiley Happy Go for the Freedom!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also say go for the Freedom. It's an awesome card!
Message 17 of 19
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

THANKS EVERYONE for the replies.  It seems unanimous that the Freedom is a winner!

Message 18 of 19
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@ERoosky99 wrote:

THANKS EVERYONE for the replies.  It seems unanimous that the Freedom is a winner!

Yes the chase Pre qual is good as gold! 

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.