Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards for the superficial?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit cards for the superficial?

Just out of curiosity, can anyone point me in the direction of some really cool looking credit cards, or just ones with a high-class snooty reputation, that will make everyone be like "ooh" and "aah" at me when they see it? I'm always looking for ways to make my peers think I'm more awesome than I actually am. Price and any other card agreement terms would be irrelevant in this scenario. 

So far the coolest thing I've seen is the Visa Black card, supposedly made out of graphite instead of plastic, with a $500 annual fee? Now that sounds like a great card for people with a superiority complex!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
alph4
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit cards for the superficial?

The way you wrote it, in the sarcastic tone, seems to emphasize this is a joke.

But anyway, in terms of prestige, you can't beat the AmEx Centurion/Black Card. Last time I looked it required a year on a gold/platinum amex with spending at least 250k. Wikipedia states "As of 2007, the annual fee in the United States was $2,500, with a one-time $5,000 initiation fee for the first year."

Current Cards:
American Express Blue Cash Preferred - March 2007 - CL $10,000
Citi Forward Visa Signature - September 2009 - CL $6,500
Chase Freedom - March 2011 - CL $15,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - May 2013 - CL $12,500
Discover It - November 2013 - $5,000
Barclay Arrival - January 2014 - $10,000
Message 2 of 21
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Heck I just keep 5k in greenbacks in my pocket and get the same affect every time I pull it out. And saved myself 5k
2wheel
Message 3 of 21
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Amex black card must be good because my kids was watching a rap video about 1
2wheel
Message 4 of 21
Established Contributor

@2wheel wrote:
Heck I just keep 5k in greenbacks in my pocket and get the same affect every time I pull it out. And saved myself 5k

+1

LOL!Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 21
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

If you simply want a card that looks cool, several companies like Cap1 and Discover let you use your own picture for the design on the front of your card. My Cap 1 card has a picture I took in New Orleans of a Bourbon Street sign covered in marti gras beads.

Although as cool as it looks, I still don't use that card. Cap 1 don't treat me right.

Message 6 of 21
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

How about one with "mickey mouse" on it?  Smiley Very Happy
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 7 of 21
pattycake
Established Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Isn't that from Chase?  IMHO, Chase cards are not worth the plastic they are printed on!!!

Chuck Schwab cards seemed to be all the rage, so maybe they have all the really cool ones.   

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 8 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I like my Discover Card with the palm trees. The perfect statement for South Florida!

Message 9 of 21
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@pattycake wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Isn't that from Chase?  IMHO, Chase cards are not worth the plastic they are printed on!!!

Chuck Schwab cards seemed to be all the rage, so maybe they have all the really cool ones.   

Pattycake, 

I guess the jokes on me.  My comment started out as a joke, however, not knowing that Chase has a card with "mickey mouse" on it backfired on me. Smiley Very Happy  As a "former" wamu, chase dissatisfied customer who moved his savings, checking accounts  I would not recommend Chase to anyone.  Since I do not have, or carry cc's, I will bow out after my poor attempt at a joke.  Smiley Wink

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.