tag
akindofmagic
New Contributor

Re: Credit cards for the superficial?

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

@pattycake wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:
How about one with "mickey mouse" on it?  Smiley Very Happy

Isn't that from Chase?  IMHO, Chase cards are not worth the plastic they are printed on!!!

Chuck Schwab cards seemed to be all the rage, so maybe they have all the really cool ones.   

Pattycake, 

I guess the jokes on me.  My comment started out as a joke, however, not knowing that Chase has a card with "mickey mouse" on it backfired on me. Smiley Very Happy  As a "former" wamu, chase dissatisfied customer who moved his savings, checking accounts  I would not recommend Chase to anyone.  Since I do not have, or carry cc's, I will bow out after my poor attempt at a joke.  Smiley Wink

I also would not recommend Chase since they closed my WAMU card as well.  That said, I do have another card with them that is a Disney Rewards card with Tinkerbell on it.

Gotta love Tink!

Message 11 of 21
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@akindofmagic wrote:

I also would not recommend Chase since they closed my WAMU card as well.  That said, I do have another card with them that is a Disney Rewards card with Tinkerbell on it.

Gotta love Tink!

LOL, Thanks for the laugh about Tinkerbell.  I am more of a Capt Hook type of guy. Smiley Wink

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 12 of 21
Want2BDebtFreeNow
New Contributor

HA! I have this card, why did I apply for it? Mainly for Mickey Mouse believe it or not! I love it. (This was in my younger years when I wasnt so focused on FICO)  FWIW It's not a bad card at all, it had 0% for a year on BT, and now it has a interest rate of 10.24%, the lowest of all three of my chase cards,

I know the OP is being sarcastic, however I do consider what the card looks like when I use to apply for cards.

I'm not worried of what other people will think, ie gold card, black card, platinum since you can have a First Premier Platinum card (no offense to anybody who has one) that is basically worthless.

As of 11/14/2012 EQ: 672

5 inqs in the last year - October 25, 2012, July 05, 2012, July 03, 2012, June 18, 2012, February 16, 2012

(Report reads them as 3) Your applications for credit in the past year
3 inquiries

Last account opened June 2012

Average age of your accounts
6 years

Number of your accounts with a missed payment
0 accounts

Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits
82% (Ouch)
Message 13 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Want2BDebtFreeNow wrote:

FWIW It's not a bad card at all, it had 0% for a year on BT, and now it has a interest rate of 10.24%, the lowest of all three of my chase cards,

Check mail daily!

Message 14 of 21
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just out of curiosity, can anyone point me in the direction of some really cool looking credit cards, or just ones with a high-class snooty reputation, that will make everyone be like "ooh" and "aah" at me when they see it? I'm always looking for ways to make my peers think I'm more awesome than I actually am. Price and any other card agreement terms would be irrelevant in this scenario. 

So far the coolest thing I've seen is the Visa Black card, supposedly made out of graphite instead of plastic, with a $500 annual fee? Now that sounds like a great card for people with a superiority complex!

Get a Cap 1 with a pic of you covered in some major Bling , surrounded by a bunch of hotties?
Message 15 of 21
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

A Hooters Master Card will give you all the prestige you want........LOL! Smiley Happy
TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should app for the Wal Mart store card
Message 17 of 21
Want2BDebtFreeNow
New Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

FWIW It's not a bad card at all, it had 0% for a year on BT, and now it has a interest rate of 10.24%, the lowest of all three of my chase cards,

Check mail daily!

This is with my rate increase already, it was at 6.24% about 3 months ago,

As of 11/14/2012 EQ: 672

5 inqs in the last year - October 25, 2012, July 05, 2012, July 03, 2012, June 18, 2012, February 16, 2012

(Report reads them as 3) Your applications for credit in the past year
3 inquiries

Last account opened June 2012

Average age of your accounts
6 years

Number of your accounts with a missed payment
0 accounts

Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits
82% (Ouch)
Message 18 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Check mail daily!

This is with my rate increase already, it was at 6.24% about 3 months ago,

Keep checking. Many have been double whacked.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

To respond to the original question of this post I have found the below cards to be considered "superficial" and/or "Elite" card products that are targeting for the 1%.

They are :

From what I can find out is that if you have any of the above cards you would be "Superficial"

Message Edited by JeremyATL on 08-13-2009 02:02 AM
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.