Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards on the chopping block

tag
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Credit cards on the chopping block

My GECRB American eagle card is 200 dollars. Thats like a joke. My reports are clean except a couple recent INQ's. Ive heard that GE is real stingy with AE cards. I havent even activated it and I got it in November. Now I also have a Target Red Card that is just useless at 500 dollars as well. I dont even care to let them grow. They are on the chop and block for the first quarter of 2015. They have been sock drawned since day one. Should I use them once or does it even matter? My daily drive is my Chase freedom because I actually care to let that one grow lol

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit cards on the chopping block

If you don't use them and don't want them -- take an ax to them. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would put some use on them and keep them until you have 2 years of payment history reported on them, this is for FICO reasons.

Message 3 of 6
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Is there a certain dollar amount per the CL i should reach or just a percentage? I just despice these limits. 

Student Loan Debt $1,500
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 4 of 6
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Clear and solid advice lol

Student Loan Debt $1,500
Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Josh2942 wrote:

Is there a certain dollar amount per the CL i should reach or just a percentage? I just despice these limits. 

No you can use it for as little or as much as you want it should just show some use prior to being closed. I would also PIF prior to statement cut.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.