Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards with a 588/546/550 fico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit cards with a 588/546/550 fico

Hi, I am trying to re-build my credit. I am currently paying down my debt and should be debt free by May of '10. In the mean time, I want to also try and extablish credit so my score will improve. Any suggestions on good credit cards to go through, or any other useful advice, I am doing this on my own with no financial planner or any help of any kind. Thank you!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

Re: Credit cards with a 588/546/550 fico

Try here to see if you can pre-qualify for anything before getting any hard pulls on your report:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=56760#M56760

Orchard Bank might come up trumps for you - it has served a lot of us here well.  Our scores were 543/543/568 when I applied for it.  If all esle fails, there are always secured cards.

BTW - are you sure those are fico scores - you can no longer access your EX score yourself exceot through a lender or a few isolated institutions.

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 2 of 5
CreditWarrior21
Regular Contributor

First Premier approved me for an unsecured card with lower scores than that 6 months ago. they do have alot of fees-but they have given me a bump in my fico scores so I guess I can't complain too much.. Try them
Message 3 of 5
let
Regular Contributor

CreditOne gave me a $200 unsecured limit, my scores were pretty close to yours.  HSBC also gave me a $300 limit, I too have First Premier.  As soon as I can get rid of those cards I will.  But, they have helped raise my scores, the one card in my opinion to stay away from is First Premier, the fees are ridiculous. 
Message 4 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Try your question in the Credit Card section. You may get more replies. Smiley Wink

Also you may want to think about, being an AU on someone elses card. Make sure they have no baddies and long history.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.