cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards with ability to graduate/PC?

tag
megaman1
Regular Contributor

Credit cards with ability to graduate/PC?

I currently have a Discover student card, and I'm pretty sure it will graduate to a higher credit line as I earn more income (heard this is debatable though b/c Discover is stingy). i don't want to apply for random store credit cards just for the sake of increasing my credit line. What other credit cards should I consider that will allow me to apply with a fair credit score, but will have the ability to graduate to a better product/credit line? Thanks.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit cards with ability to graduate/PC?

Are you asking which student credit cards allow you to graduate? Or regular cc's that allow PC?

Message 2 of 8
megaman1
Regular Contributor

Both student and regular CCs that someone with fair credit can apply for.

Message 3 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

In general, the list is long.  For a more tailored response, you could provide more information.  Types of cards you are looking for ie travel, cashback, rewards.  Scores, baddies, inq's. 

Message 4 of 8
megaman1
Regular Contributor

Oh, I'm so sorry! haha. I'm mainly looking for cashback and reward CCs. More of Cashback than reward cards though. I'm not sure about my Equifax and Experian score, but my TransUnion score is 695. I've had no baddies and 3 inquiries (3 hard I believe).
Message 5 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Beside the Student Disvover, any other cc's? How long have you had Discover?

Message 6 of 8
megaman1
Regular Contributor

Discover is the only CC I currently have and I've been with them for 2 months.
Message 7 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

In 4-6 mos, you could add Barclays SallieMae, Chase Freedomor possibly Amex BCE/BCP

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.