cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards with airport lounge access?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit cards with airport lounge access?

@logan_720 wrote:

My Surpass actaully came with Priority pass. They also waived the $75 AF on the card for the first year, as well. Even though that is not advertised.

Awesome. I will call them to see if I can get in on this. I have the No AF AMEX Honors.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 61
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
I use my Amex Delta card for Delta lounges. http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/airport_information/delta_sky_club/25_membership/index.jsp

So the basic card makes the lounge $25?

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 61
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I do like my AMEX Platinum. Seems to get respect in the Sky Clubs ive used. Surpass is the better deal if you use Hilton though.
Message 13 of 61
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:
I use my Amex Delta card for Delta lounges. http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/airport_information/delta_sky_club/25_membership/index.jsp

So the basic card makes the lounge $25?

Yup. I don't fly too often but when I do it's usually on delta. If I get stuck with long layover the $25 is a great deal and I can pass this on to client. I can't pass on the AF.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 61
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

if you're looking for full, unrestricted lounge access you won't find it on a card without an annual fee of at least $150-200. Priority Pass Select is offered through the Ameriprise WEMC at $150 and Fidelity Private Client Amex at $200. It's also offered with the Amex platinum for $450, which also gives you access to American, US Airways and Delta lounges. Lounge Club is offered with the JPM Ritz Carlton card at $400 and the palladium at $600. Airline specific cards are United MP Club card at $400 which also grants you access to Star Alliance lounges, Citi AA WEMC at $450 (American and Qantas), Delta Reserve Amex at $450. These are typically only good for frequent fliers, since full lounge access is fairly costly for most. If you don't travel at least 5-10 times a year, getting individual day passes is a better option.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 15 of 61
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

if you're looking for 1-2 day passes per year, they come with some other cards like the Chase Ink series, Amex Hilton Surpass, United Explorer, and others with ~$75-100 AFs. I don't know as much about those, maybe someone else will know more.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 16 of 61
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Think about this though, 2 trips, stops each way and departures, thats 4 visits on each round trip x 27 if you are alone! Platinum also reimburses in flight purchases on food, alcohol, movies, etc.
Message 17 of 61
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:
if you're looking for full, unrestricted lounge access you won't find it on a card without an annual fee of at least $150-200. Priority Pass Select is offered through the Ameriprise WEMC at $150 and Fidelity Private Client Amex at $200. It's also offered with the Amex platinum for $450, which also gives you access to American, US Airways and Delta lounges. Lounge Club is offered with the JPM Ritz Carlton card at $400 and the palladium at $600. Airline specific cards are United MP Club card at $400 which also grants you access to Star Alliance lounges, Citi AA WEMC at $450 (American and Qantas), Delta Reserve Amex at $450. These are typically only good for frequent fliers, since full lounge access is fairly costly for most. If you don't travel at least 5-10 times a year, getting individual day passes is a better option.

Thank you for all the great info.

Message 18 of 61
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
Think about this though, 2 trips, stops each way and departures, thats 4 visits on each round trip x 27 if you are alone! Platinum also reimburses in flight purchases on food, alcohol, movies, etc.

really so you can charge xxx amount and they credit it to your account? 

that would be enough for the af for me alone. 

i personally stay away but i wouldnt mind that extra comfort. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 19 of 61
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Up to $200 on 1 airline of your choice. Once you pick it, you are stuck for the year. I chose Delta.
Message 20 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.