cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards with airport lounge access?

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit cards with airport lounge access?

@MrShush wrote:
Up to $200 on 1 airline of your choice. Once you pick it, you are stuck for the year. I chose Delta.
The JPM Ritz Carlton card comes with $200 in airline credit as well, but you're not locked into any one specific airline. Just call them up afterwards and they'll credit your account. It's helpful for those who fly more than one airline regularly.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 21 of 61
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Both, best value relative to the annual fee. I know the Citi Dividend World Elite MC offers these perks with no fee, but it is upgrade only.

It's $27 per visit per guest with that card.

@CreditScholar wrote:
Priority Pass Select is offered through the Ameriprise WEMC at $150

No longer being offered as of 6/1/12, existing cardmembers were issued a Priority Pass Select valid until June 2015 but that offer has been terminated. Idk if they have moved to a new airport lounge program, etc.

Message 22 of 61
Dustink
Valued Contributor

They probably dropped that feature because it was loosing them AF revenue on the plat card.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 23 of 61
Voodard
Contributor

"What cards offer airport lounge access? Which one has the lowest annual fee?"

There's an oxymoron. Credit cards with airport lounge access are some the MOST expensive cards to have in your wallet. I think you replied to someone saying that you fly Delta most often, is that correct? If so, I recommend that you go with the Delta credit card that includes lounge access.

I can't tell you how many times I've been behind someone at United Club checking in and they're turning a guest away because the flier has a "general" lounge access card, i.e. Priority Pass, etc. I'm weary of those cards because there are so many restrictions on which club you can access, how many guests you are allowed to bring in with you (if any), and if you're traveling internationally you have to look up a completely different set of rules and regulations regarding your membership. Take a look at United Club's guidelines for example; I don't even understand it and they color code for me! Smiley Happy

CreditScholar's post on 10/12 at 10:15a was right on by the way. I couldn't have said it better. +1!

TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 24 of 61
logan_720
Established Contributor

@Sustink wrote:

Awesome. I will call them to see if I can get in on this. I have the No AF AMEX Honors.

Good luck! I was totally ready to pay it, but I saw the credit for the $75 on my statement like a week or so after getting the card.

Message 25 of 61
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Voodard wrote:

"What cards offer airport lounge access? Which one has the lowest annual fee?"

There's an oxymoron. Credit cards with airport lounge access are some the MOST expensive cards to have in your wallet. I think you replied to someone saying that you fly Delta most often, is that correct? If so, I recommend that you go with the Delta credit card that includes lounge access.

I can't tell you how many times I've been behind someone at United Club checking in and they're turning a guest away because the flier has a "general" lounge access card, i.e. Priority Pass, etc. I'm weary of those cards because there are so many restrictions on which club you can access, how many guests you are allowed to bring in with you (if any), and if you're traveling internationally you have to look up a completely different set of rules and regulations regarding your membership. Take a look at United Club's guidelines for example; I don't even understand it and they color code for me! Smiley Happy

CreditScholar's post on 10/12 at 10:15a was right on by the way. I couldn't have said it better. +1!

I fly Alaska Air most often, but often just fly random airlines. I never said anything about Delta, I think that was somebody else.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 26 of 61
Voodard
Contributor

Gotcha.  So I went to Alaska's website and checked out their options.  While they don't have a credit card that would give you access to their Board Room, they do seem to be partnered up quite well with Delta.  I think your best bet is to get the Delta Reserve Card from AMEX, it has Sky Lounge Access that you'd be able to use on your Alaska flights and there are some other good perks, too.

TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 27 of 61
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Voodard wrote:

Gotcha.  So I went to Alaska's website and checked out their options.  While they don't have a credit card that would give you access to their Board Room, they do seem to be partnered up quite well with Delta.  I think your best bet is to get the Delta Reserve Card from AMEX, it has Sky Lounge Access that you'd be able to use on your Alaska flights and there are some other good perks, too.

Thanks for the research.

Message 28 of 61
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@Voodard wrote:

I think priority pass gives you access to aa board room. So amex plat would work... I could be wrong though.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 61
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Jake0215 wrote:

@Voodard wrote:

I think priority pass gives you access to aa board room. So amex plat would work... I could be wrong though.

If you fly domestically and use Delta/Alaska as your main air carriers, I'd suggest the Amex platinum over the Delta Reserve. The plat will give you Priority Pass Select plus American as well, which the Delta Reserve doesn't. The Delta Reserve also doesn't grant access to partner lounges as well, like Virgin Australia, Air France, etc.

The main reason people want the Delta Reserve is for the MQM boosters and annual companion pass. If you don't want those, the amex plat is the better choice for lounge access.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 30 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.