cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards with airport lounge access?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit cards with airport lounge access?

Im really trying to find a less known gem of a card with a lower AF. I know its a long shot.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 31 of 61
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Im really trying to find a less known gem of a card with a lower AF. I know its a long shot.

That's going to be pretty tough. The primary reason why those cards have such a high AF is due to the lounge access. My best advice would be to look into the Fidelity Private Client Amex. It offers 2% cash-back on all spending, which can be transfered 1:1 into Air Canada's Aeroplan. It also comes with Priority Pass select which will give you Alaska lounges. The AF is $200.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 32 of 61
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

That's going to be pretty tough. The primary reason why those cards have such a high AF is due to the lounge access. My best advice would be to look into the Fidelity Private Client Amex. It offers 2% cash-back on all spending, which can be transfered 1:1 into Air Canada's Aeroplan. It also comes with Priority Pass select which will give you Alaska lounges. The AF is $200.

Can anyone apply for the Fidelity Private Client Amex? If not, I thought the entry to Fidelity's Private Client program was 1million under management. I ask because this is a card I would seriously consider if it was enough to be a generic Fidelity client, but I'm not going to hit 1 million any time soon. 

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 33 of 61
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Can anyone apply for the Fidelity Private Client Amex? If not, I thought the entry to Fidelity's Private Client program was 1million under management. I ask because this is a card I would seriously consider if it was enough to be a generic Fidelity client, but I'm not going to hit 1 million any time soon. 

The AF is waived if you're a private client, but I think it's open to anyone. Anyone who isn't a private client will definitely be hit with the $200 AF.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 34 of 61
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Yeah, my bank US Bank offers a reserve version of the Flexperks signature card that I have. The reserve version offers airport lounge access, but I am not a member of the private bank.

http://www.privateclientreserve.usbank.com/flexperks

There have been posts on here about people getting their citi's upgraded to world elite MC's with no AF. So, there are cards out there. I just haven't found any easily obtainable.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 35 of 61
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Yeah, my bank US Bank offers a reserve version of the Flexperks signature card that I have. The reserve version offers airport lounge access, but I am not a member of the private bank.

There have been posts on here about people getting their citi's upgraded to world elite MC's with no AF. So, there are cards out there. I just haven't found any easily obtainable.

Being upgraded by Citi to their WEMC probably also is related to annual spend. All of the people on here who have it seem to have pushed through a decent amount of money through their card prior to being upgraded. I could be wrong, so if I am someone please correct me.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 36 of 61
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

The AF is waived if you're a private client, but I think it's open to anyone. Anyone who isn't a private client will definitely be hit with the $200 AF.

Looks like a good option.

Message 37 of 61
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Being upgraded by Citi to their WEMC probably also is related to annual spend. All of the people on here who have it seem to have pushed through a decent amount of money through their card prior to being upgraded. I could be wrong, so if I am someone please correct me.

I push probably on average about $2500 per month through my Flexperks card. This likely would not be enough, but maybe I can get us bank to get me their reserve card.

Message 38 of 61
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

I push probably on average about $2500 per month through my Flexperks card. This likely would not be enough, but maybe I can get us bank to get me their reserve card.

It looks like the US Bank Reserve card is for private clients only, so it won't be accessible to you. Maybe someone else can chime in here with a Citi WEMC, but I'd guess around 40k annual spend would be enough for the upgrade. Any other ideas from someone who actually has one?

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 39 of 61
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

It looks like the US Bank Reserve card is for private clients only, so it won't be accessible to you. Maybe someone else can chime in here with a Citi WEMC, but I'd guess around 40k annual spend would be enough for the upgrade. Any other ideas from someone who actually has one?

I got declined by citi for too many INQ's. I can't even get my foot in the door, let alone get a premium product...haha

Message 40 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.