Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards with visa/mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit cards with visa/mastercard

My scores are hovering around 600. Any credit cards that I can get to use everywhere. I have credit one, Capitol one, first progress secured. Looking for a better card with a higher limit.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit cards with visa/mastercard

my GF just got a quicksilver (her second C1 card, plat is 3 months old) with a 3k limit, 596 EQ and 30k income.

unsure of what you mean by "higher limit" when we don't know your currents.

Message 2 of 10
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forum..I am sure some experts will chime in about this....My .02 is  how long have you had the cards you have? What is your file like,any baddies?What are your current limits... This question requires way more info to start forming a solution.....Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My scores are hovering around 600. 

Hovering around 600 won't get you much more than Cap1.  But as stated earlier, you can get multiple Cap1

If you have NFCU, they "might" let you pass.  NFCU let me in at 640 but I've seen lower get in.

640-650 is where you need to set your marks to start breaking into the VISA/MC crowd.  

Things really didn't start opening up for me until 670.  Best of luck!

Message 4 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hovering around 600 won't get you much more than Cap1.  But as stated earlier, you can get multiple Cap1

If you have NFCU, they "might" let you pass.  NFCU let me in at 640 but I've seen lower get in.

640-650 is where you need to set your marks to start breaking into the VISA/MC crowd.  

ok. thats you with nfcu. but the majority of people are not in the military and does not have family currently in military. so to recommend that is mute. which op might me eligible. best advice. keep doing what you are doing. and get your scores up. time is the redeemer. obviously with a 600 hover. you have somthing negative on your report. work on that. either thru pfd. or other means as you are not forth coming with whatever it is. anyway op. good luck.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ok. thats you with nfcu. but the majority of people are not in the military and does not have family currently in military. so to recommend that is mute. which op might me eligible. best advice. keep doing what you are doing. and get your scores up. time is the redeemer. obviously with a 600 hover. you have somthing negative on your report. work on that. either thru pfd. or other means as you are not forth coming with whatever it is. anyway op. good luck.

Of course.  That is why I said " IF you have NFCU"

That's the only workaround I know of to get into VISA/MC's without going the secured/oppressive fee route with scores hovering around 600.  

Just laying all the possible options on the table.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Rewards Mastercard or maybe try to get a secured card with your local credit union.  A credit union will grow with you.  It make take a few years but we're all in this for the long run.  Try to pay your balances down more and get that score up.  700 is a nice place to be but it isn't the best.  I am aiming for 800.  

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, give us a rundown of your current limits and bal. that are reporting to your file. Also, what are your bads? Who have you burned or been slow with. You may be able to 'optimize' you score in one month and get a decent bump before you app.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can get a Barclaycard rewards MasterCard at hovering around 600?
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You can get a Barclaycard rewards MasterCard at hovering around 600?

I had to wait til I had a 640. Have you tried target or walmart? That may help your score get up there?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.