Never had that problem! Smiley LOL 

JK,  Up until maybe 3 years ago it was all of them! Smiley Sad

CL $408,200
Message 11 of 54
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: Credit cards you just can't seem to "crack"

Citi. Was barclays but i got one

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 12 of 54
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

Discover iT, the student version.  Go figure.

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 13 of 54
mcf
Contributor

For me its Discover and AMEX.. Got at least one from every other company.. I understand AMEX.. but discover pffffft... I aint even gonna ever try again for them. Waiting on 1 last app in 5 yrs.. AMEX. well 4 thas when report will be completely clean, maybe 2 thats when only 1 baddie will be on haha.. yeh 5..

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 54
enharu
Super Contributor

Amex bcp for me. 2 tries so far both declined lol
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 54
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

First Premier Bank. I keep asking them to remove the monthly and annual fees, reduce my apr to under 10%, add 2% cash back with 5% rotating categories quarterly and they keep denying me!

I shall not give up!

Smiley Tongue

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 54
electra
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Amex bcp for me. 2 tries so far both declined lol

Wow, with your scores and your limits I can't believe they turned you down!!  That makes me totally wigged to try app-ing and I was planning on trying in a few days.  What reason did they give?

Message 17 of 54
enharu
Super Contributor

Don't use me as a benchmark lol. I went app crazy and got most of my cards after Amex turned me down. Prior to applying for Amex I only had Wells Fargo, chase amazon, Bloomingdales and Macy's.
the reason I got turned down was too many recent inquiries (5) due to an auto loan that was opened 1 month prior. Loan balances reported were too high too because its a brand new auto loan reporting :/
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 18 of 54
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

For me i thought Chase wasnt going to like me at all. Applied back in August of 2012 and got denied 2 times (one on recon). Was so afraid to apply again considering how i read they are INQ sensitive and dont like collections/chargeoffs on reports (no matter how old they are). I gave it a shot and got instantly approved for a signature card a copule of days ago. As of last year i got denied Chase, AMEX, and Citi all in one day and now i am in with all 3...lol. Thanks to this forum of course!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 19 of 54
mcf
Contributor

Yeh i got lucky with chase, yet forgot to mention.. I caannot get in with my own bank either... Wells Fargo HATES me... I always have thousands in my account, go through thousands a month... but yet will not approve me for a CC... I use to be with Wachovia and wells fargo bought them out.. so only with them for about 2 yrs maybe 3..but still a loyal customer, they have access to my money before i do with direct deposit.. so friggin fed up with that..alls i got was well you can apply for a secured im like pffft yeh you can go to hellO

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.