Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit cards you just can't seem to "crack"

tag
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: Credit cards you just can't seem to "crack"

Good idea. It's probably better at it would be another HP
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 41 of 54
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

First Premier Bank. I keep asking them to remove the monthly and annual fees, reduce my apr to under 10%, add 2% cash back with 5% rotating categories quarterly and they keep denying me!

I shall not give up!

seriously??? hmmmmm

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 42 of 54
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

@colindidit wrote:
Good idea. It's probably better at it would be another HP

No worries cause when I get them I will use them to my advantage for not taking me sooner lol.

Message 43 of 54
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

any capitalone signature/world card is one i could not crack.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 44 of 54
Radek7752
Contributor

Very good thread!

For me it has to be the Lexus Pursuits Visa. Anytime I apply it's always an instant decline which is laughable because their card is quite inferior to just about every one in my signature. It's also funny because I was instantly approved for almost every card in my signature as well. Another one is the Barclays Priceline Visa. I eventually said to heck with it because there isn't a single relevant purchase (to me) that I can't get better than 2% back on with another card.

BoA: Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard
Chase: Sapphire Preferred (WMC)/Freedom/Amazon/Auto Loan (41k)
Citi: Thank You Preferred/Forward/Simplicity
AmEx: Zync/Blue Cash/Starwood Preferred
Discover: IT
GE: JCP/Walmart Discover
Message 45 of 54
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

Any card from: Barclays, and Citi (even though Citi recently started sending me a couple of invitation letters to apply for there card THEY STILL DENIED me. :'( and also can't get a CSP Smiley Sad
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 46 of 54
JonStur
Established Contributor

@Richierichdollar wrote:

@colindidit wrote:
Walmart? Really? Do you have baddies on your TU

Yes I do I have a tax lien from 2010. That is paid off but they will not take it off my report. It shows as paid tho

Take your "release of lien" letter down to your local Clerk of Courts. After paying a fee, they will give you letters to mail to the credit bureaus advising them to remove the lien from your reports. Takes about a month.

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 47 of 54
electra
Established Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

@Richierichdollar wrote:

@colindidit wrote:

Yes I do I have a tax lien from 2010. That is paid off but they will not take it off my report. It shows as paid tho

Take your "release of lien" letter down to your local Clerk of Courts. After paying a fee, they will give you letters to mail to the credit bureaus advising them to remove the lien from your reports. Takes about a month.

Oh how I wish this were true.   A released lien is the same thing as a paid lien.  The recorders office already has the release of lien document recorded if it's showing up in CR as paid.  Sending the CRAs the release of lien document will not compel them to delete...just update as paid and sounds like it's already showing as such.

What is needed is a lien withdrawal.  This can be accomplished if it's a federal tax lien but likely not if it's a state lien (check your state's laws).  Is the lien from the IRS?

Message 48 of 54
jla84
Regular Contributor

Barclays. Back when my file was thin and I had a very recent 30 day late, I applied for two of their cards and got denied for each one. That was in the beginning of my credit journey, and now that I have much better cards than them I have absolutely no use for any of their cards. 

Used to be Chase. I was denied for a card during the start of my credit journey and my ego was bruised, and still kind of is to this day. But just this year they started sending Slate preapprovals at least once a week, so I took their offer for a $0 fee/ 0%APR BT. I'll never put a purchase on it, and I'll probably just close it after I pay off the BT. 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 49 of 54
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

@electra wrote:

@JonStur wrote:

@Richierichdollar wrote:

@colindidit wrote:

Oh how I wish this were true.   A released lien is the same thing as a paid lien.  The recorders office already has the release of lien document recorded if it's showing up in CR as paid.  Sending the CRAs the release of lien document will not compel them to delete...just update as paid and sounds like it's already showing as such.

What is needed is a lien withdrawal.  This can be accomplished if it's a federal tax lien but likely not if it's a state lien (check your state's laws).  Is the lien from the IRS?

Yes it is a state tax lien from the irs. The thing I dont understand is that this was made to payment arangement which I paid it before the time frame and this is still on my report.

Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.