Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit denial and score w letter

tag
julieray419
Established Member

Credit denial and score w letter

Just got denied for a CLI and it had an equifax score of 654. What baffles me is that I applied for a mortgage in November of this year and it showed my equinox score to be 505. How is this possible? The only thing i have done is pay off 1 account that had been delinquent and settle another that was very delinquent for 20%. I have low credit card balances, a car loan, and unsecured loan. How do i know if this is real. If it is yay! If not aww! Score ranges from 0-949.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: Credit denial and score w letter

Apparently the score you see on the letter is not FICO as FICO scores range from 300 to 850. The one you got from mortgage lender is most likely one of your FICO scores at the time. 

Paying off debts will lower your overall utilization ration so it probably helped your scores a bit.

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
learnin113
Established Contributor

looks like a vantage score

Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@learnin113 wrote:

looks like a vantage score

It's not a VS. They run from 501-990. I've been trying to figure out what they could mean by a score range of 0-949 but no luck so far.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 5
daneatreia
Regular Contributor

it could be an innovis score.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.