Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit freeze and SP

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Credit freeze and SP

I know that my current card companies can pull SP even with a credit freeze. I know Chase and BOA both SP'ed my EX

Now GE does CLI's with SP

I call to get a CLI on my Wally card and the guy said that I should remove the freeze on transunion because they can't see my report. What gives? That got me confused

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit freeze and SP

For some reason GE solutions wont do a sp cli over the phone when theres a freeze.  Very wierd, you can hit the love button or call and use the automated system and they will sp you even with a freeze, but when you actually call underwriting they require the freeze be removed.

Happened to me twice, each time they said I had to remove the freeze or provide them with a pin.  I complied both times worried they would hp me, but still turned out to be a SP.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I know that my current card companies can pull SP even with a credit freeze. I know Chase and BOA both SP'ed my EX

Now GE does CLI's with SP

I call to get a CLI on my Wally card and the guy said that I should remove the freeze on transunion because they can't see my report. What gives? That got me confused

GE can be quirky at times about this. Never had an issue tho, always been a SP other than CareCredit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 4
RyVision
Valued Contributor

"Quirky" seems to be a great way to put it (not with just GE only, either lol).   

I got the same answer while my CRs frozen when asking a GE rep over the phone (yes, the BD number, credit something or other, you guys know the number I mean I'm sure lol) for a CLI.  I had to temp suspend the freeze on TU.  They said they couldn't even SP, I was worried about a HP due to the requested lift, they said "no, I can't do even a SP with an active freeze".   I told them being they and I have an ongoing, open status, business relationship (open credit line), they should even be able to HP with a freeze on the CR.  She responded "no, I tried a SP and it came back unable to proceed, which usually means the CR is frozen".    I was kind of shocked, paid for the temp lift and they were able to SP, no HP ever showed (checked in case).  Still didn't get the CLI though lol.

There was one other instance I had to lift the freeze when I didn't think I'd have to, but don't remember it off hand, but was for a different lender.

OH!  The number was for "Credit Solutions" with them I think is what it's referred to as.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.