Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit increase question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit increase question

Does 3 or 4 latest hurt your score after 3 or 4 years? I've heard they don't after two or so..I just didn't wanna start my own thread since it's related.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Does 3 or 4 latest hurt your score after 3 or 4 years? I've heard they don't after two or so..I just didn't wanna start my own thread since it's related.

There are a couple of factors that impact the answer to your question outside of just time.  In terms of time though, the general belief is that 30 and 60 day late payments stop impacting score after 2 years, where 90+ day lates impact score for the full 7 years.

In addition to the severity of the late payments and how old they are, it also depends on how many accounts they span.  I believe that 4 lates all on the same account will impact someone less than 1 late payment on 4 different accounts.  The reason for this is that it only takes on late payment to make an account a "negative" account... so if your late payments span accross several accounts you then possess more negative accounts.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not going to fire the law firm because it's through my employer and I pay next to nothing, so they keep sending letters while I fix what I can on my end.

I think I had 1 90 day late payment because I had such a hard to logging into an account. The others I believe are 30 days. Unfortunately they are on a few of the closed accounts but the currently open ones are good to go. I know these will keep dragging my scores for a while, was just wondering if anybody had similar experience and if they were able to pull out a good score in about a year. I'll be ecstatic to qualify for a loan, which I assume I should be good in a few shorts months.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a 90 on there, that's the one that's going to hold you back for a very long time so I would work on doing whatever you can to get it off of there.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.