cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limit increases for Comenity bank store cards?

tag
thmgoodw
Established Member

Re: Credit limit increases for Comenity bank store cards?

Here is another data point from someone with multiple Comenity cards.

I received both a Marathon Store Card ($300 credit) and a JCrew card ($500) on 12/1/2013.

On the Marathon card, I put about $180 through over the past couple of months, and paid it off to a zero balance about a week ago.

On the JCrew card, I put in my first order 1 week ago, and paid it down to $0.20 yesterday.

After seeing this thread, I just went in and pushed the love button.

Marathon card - 7-10 day message

JCrew card - CLI from $500 to $900 :-)

Message 11 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

That settles it for the JCrew results then. Maybe it's their way of encouraging stronger sales.
Message 12 of 18
leenileen

Approved for Jcrew via shopping cart trick for $250 limit, received card on Monday, hit luv button, they increased limit to $550.

Approved for Brylane Home via shopping cart trick for $300 limit, hit luv button, denied.

Hope this helps.

Message 13 of 18
bsprouse85

Absolutely no credit limit increase yet! Have had a Marathon card since 05/2013 with a $250.00 limit and PIF most months and let the balance carry over about 3 of those months to make them happy. Total utilization of 1 percent across all cards being I use my rewards cards to earn cash back. Not sure what the game plan is with Comenity Bank but it sure makes no sense compared to others. It must be a game of luck other than TU FICO (718). At any rate this card will no longer be used being I refuse to play silly games with a creditor to make them happy!

Message 14 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bsprouse85 wrote:

Absolutely no credit limit increase yet! Have had a Marathon card since 05/2013 with a $250.00 limit and PIF most months and let the balance carry over about 3 of those months to make them happy. Total utilization of 1 percent across all cards being I use my rewards cards to earn cash back. Not sure what the game plan is with Comenity Bank but it sure makes no sense compared to others. It must be a game of luck other than TU FICO (718). At any rate this card will no longer be used being I refuse to play silly games with a creditor to make them happy!

And you requested cli online and got denied?

Message 15 of 18
Dpsko1
New Visitor

Hello can somebody tell me where to find the luv button? I would like to see if I can get a cl for my wife thank you..
Message 16 of 18
Boragard
Established Contributor

I got my "The Room Place Card" last June with an opening limit of $1000.  I requested an increase in September and was declined.  In November, i requested another increase when my balance was PIF and was instantly given an additional $500.  Then the card was SD'd as I didn't need any new furniture.  Earlier this month, I noticed i was SP'd by comenity so i decided to hit the luv button.  Instantly approved by $750.  So my limit is now $2250 in 10 months via the luv button.  No auto CLIs for me, I had to hit the button both times and it was SP! I'm grateful as I just purchased a new mattress.  Good Luck!

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Comenity card for Younkers. 

I requested a CLI after six months.  There is no button on the site (which seems different from other Comenity cards) so instead I sent a message via the Secure Message Center on the site.  The only info they needed was my income (unlike other CCs I have, which have also asked about my monthly housing payment and monthly credit card spending).

They told me I would receive a letter with the results of the request.  There was no immediate change that day or the next, but the third say I logged in and my credit limit had been updated.  I got an email the day after that (today) informing me of the increase.

My original limit was $250.  They only increased it to $350.   That's only a $100 CLI - it's fine with me as I spend $200-$300 in one trip a couples times a year (which is why I wanted an increase from $250) but obviously it's a pretty small increase.  

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.