Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limit on Kohl's

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit limit on Kohl's

@FroggieMom wrote:

@Anonymous limit is currently @ $2500 ...up from $1500 when I CLI about 2 months ago.  So I guess I'll find out soon if when I request the next CLI I only get bumped to $3K.  My guess is since Kohl's doesn't sell furniture/ high end items like Macy's/JCP/Dillard's that's the reason for the $3K cap, cause that's ALOT of clothes and small appliances Smiley LOL

That's my feeling as well! 

In my case I put Belk in the same category; my credit line with Belk is $5k, but I don't see myself seeking a CLI since the only thing they sell that I buy is clothes - and $5k is more than plenty to buy t-shirts and jeans!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 27
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
CLI request for Kohl's is a soft pull right ?

Yes, I have not seen anyone on here that received a HP for one.  My 2 CLI have both been SP, it is a Cap 1 issued card after all Smiley Wink

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Froggie !

Message 13 of 27
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

I have a $5,000.00 c/l.. I have been told that is the max c/l.
Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Legal_Girl wrote:
I have a $5,000.00 c/l.. I have been told that is the max c/l.

Interesting, how long have you had the card? I wonder if you got to that limit before they institued the rule about 3k being the maximum.

Message 15 of 27
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@FroggieMom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
CLI request for Kohl's is a soft pull right ?

Yes, I have not seen anyone on here that received a HP for one.  My 2 CLI have both been SP, it is a Cap 1 issued card after all Smiley Wink

There have been recent posts by a few who received a HP. Mine have all been SP, but it looks like that is not always the case.

More than enough credit.
Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FroggieMom wrote:

@Anonymous limit is currently @ $2500 ...up from $1500 when I CLI about 2 months ago.  So I guess I'll find out soon if when I request the next CLI I only get bumped to $3K.  My guess is since Kohl's doesn't sell furniture/ high end items like Macy's/JCP/Dillard's that's the reason for the $3K cap, cause that's ALOT of clothes and small appliances Smiley LOL

Kohl's does sell furniture, but for whatever reason they say $3K is the limit.  Maybe since Cap1 took over that they don't feel that cardholders need more than $3K.  Limit might have been higher when Kohl's was with Chase.

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm maxxed out at $3k, and it has always been a SP for me.

But, as always, YMMV.

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@FroggieMom wrote:

Kohl's does sell furniture, but for whatever reason they say $3K is the limit.  Maybe since Cap1 took over that they don't feel that cardholders need more than $3K.  Limit might have been higher when Kohl's was with Chase.

hmmm, I also wonder if the limit was higher when Kohl's issued their own credit cards, which was pre 2006 I believe.

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a HP for me. 

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.