Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit limit

credit score 716 , 730 ,731 on my fico . Available credit 32,000 . Carry 0 balances .  Should I get any other credit cards ? I have venture 15 k , Amex everyday 10k , 3 quicksilvers 5 k total , Jared store card 3500 . Anything else I should add to up my credit score ? I have two inquiries currently . Want to buy a house in 9 months .

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit limit

How old are your accounts? 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recommend staying in the garden until you are ready to purchase your home in 9 months since it is ideal for you to for you not to have many inquiries for a year prior to the purchase. See link to garden club below:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-July-2015/td-p/4102342

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I recommend staying in the garden until you are ready to purchase your home in 9 months since it is ideal for you to for you not to have many inquiries for a year prior to the purchase. See link to garden club below:

Exactly! If you are planning to buy a home within the next 9 months, do not app for anything until you have your house keys in hand.

Message 4 of 14
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Exactly! If you are planning to buy a home within the next 9 months, do not app for anything until you have your house keys in hand.

+3

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 5 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

credit score 716 , 730 ,731 on my fico . Available credit 32,000 . Carry 0 balances .  Should I get any other credit cards ? I have venture 15 k , Amex everyday 10k , 3 quicksilvers 5 k total , Jared store card 3500 . Anything else I should add to up my credit score ? I have two inquiries currently . Want to buy a house in 9 months .

No. don't apply for anything if a house is in the future. let what you have grown to optimize your scores and keep doing what you are doing.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No more cards, just manage what you have now.

Message 7 of 14
rockbttm442
Frequent Contributor

Combine those QS cards.
Cap 1 QS1 - $3300, Kemba CU - $500, Chase Freedom - $500, Sears MC - $751, Sears - $2000, Hot Topic - $1230, Grismer - $1200, Target - $1800, Walmart - $200, Home Depot - $500, Discover IT Chrome - $7000, Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5000
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Averag credit card is 4.5 years old . I want to combine quicksilvers but I don't want the account to come as closed .

Message 9 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

If a really great card came along, you really don't need to wait 9 months before a mortgage.   But for normal stuff that can wait, I can understand.   But I have apped within a few weeks of closing, and it isn't a big issue, unless the score dip moves you from one bracket to another, which shouldn't be that common.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.