Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limits boost

tag
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

Credit limits boost

New to credit cards & have very low limits how can I boost them?? New CapOne platinum $500 & CapOne rebuilt $301 6 months

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit limits boost

@Flying_High wrote:

New to credit cards & have very low limits how can I boost them?? New CapOne platinum $500 & CapOne rebuilt $301 6 months

How's the rest of your credit profile (score, positives, negatives), and what's your income / slush fund?

Cap One is pretty much a non-starter for CLI's; there are other lenders' products that tend to be more aggressive with increasing their customer's limits.  Also if you have a non-trivial amount of cash laying around, the quick and dirty way for artificially raising one's limits is to simply get a secured credit card.

That all said, limit raising isn't the end-all and be-all of the FICO universe, and will come to most folks simply with time and a good plan on their future credit cards, so depending on what horizon you're looking out on, it may be more optimal to not worry about them right now.  

I'd suggest posting what you have to work with, and someone can give you a solid recommendation of where to go from here.  There are a few default options which get mentioned (GE-backed store cards, credit unions, etc) but we can offer better advice with more information.

        
Message 2 of 5
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Flying_High wrote:

CapOne doesn't give CLI's except one auto-CLI after 6 months on most of their cards. 

What is your score? if you have a 640 or higher EX fico, AP for an Amex Zync charge card, hopefully get the NPSL version it will grow with you and you can take spending off your two capone cards, then in 6months to a year you could be ready for a AMEX revolver  with a 2k or higher credit limit. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 5
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

FICO TU 741, FICO EQ 692, Fako EX 730

PIF, no neg, 42,000 a year,

GE back store cards denied me before I got my rebuild secured card I allready have 7 inquiries for 2012" I plan on buying a truck "finance" in March 2013" $30,000 with 10,000 down I dont want to put anymore inquiries on my CR to lower my score...My plan is I have two cc my 3rd will be either BOA or CU but dont plan on getting that till 6 months from now since I dont even have my platinum unsecured card yet unless its much better getting another secured card now, anyways I get what your saying tho....the only reason why i want to increase it is because I keep reading the higher limit the better cards you'll get with great limits im just finding this out now if I would have knowing this 6 months ago with my first card I would have been upon my limit up to $700 or so but im already up 6 months im not even sure when they are going to unsecure my card & thats if they do,....Oh and another thing I made a big big mistake smh for the past 6 months on my rebuild cc I've been maxing it out but allways pif turns out thats a no no at the time it was 200 limit the highest was 197.00 another thing I learned i can only spend $40 bucks on the $300 limit now starting next month nomore maxing out...I talk to much sorry

As of 9/13"
Garden till 10/14"
Message 4 of 5
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

Hello, they gave me $100 incre on month 6 now im at $301

As of 9/13"
Garden till 10/14"
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.