Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one Bank?

tag
jwes2155
New Contributor

Credit one Bank?

Anyone have experience with them?  I received a preapproved offer in the mail,  I don't want to accept, if they are going to bless me with a $300 limit.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit one Bank?

If you are rebuilding credit then there are not many options. they will charge you $150 AF plus other participation fees. I would accept the offer then spend the next 12 months getting your scores up to over 600 and apply for better cards and close the starter cards out.
Message 2 of 8
indyhotmama
Regular Contributor

They approved me for $1000.  I did not get charged lots of fees, just monthly fee of $6.  Before I got a chance to use the card, they increased limit to $1500 without me asking for an increase.  gl.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to post a positive experience with Credit One. I was kind of skeptical to answer the preapproval to this card back in July, but at the time only had an Orchard card with CL 300. I decided to go ahead and do it. (It was the week before I found this site).

I was approved with a CL of 300. Before my first bill was even due, I paid 40. Then after the second bill came out I paid the remaining 40. So my first two months of 5.95 were paid and the AF were covered. I logged on today so see if I could pay the next months charge and they have already given me a CLI to 600. Not too bad for 2 months. They seem to be a decent rebuilder card.  

I also talked to a CSR about the monthly fee. It really sucks to have to pay $6 just to make an online payment every month, basically making you pay $12 a month just to have the card. I asked if I could just pay like $50 and then have a credit for the monthly fees to come out of each month and they said yes. So I eliminated all the monthly check fees.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The online fee is the worst part-

My Bank has OL bill pay and they sent the payment into them days ahead of time-

If you send them a paper check they just convert it to an ACH anyway- so why the fee?????
Message 5 of 8
headspin
New Contributor

I also have a Credit One CC, the bill pay online fee drives me crazy!!  They charge the fee to your account instead of adding it to your payment, so you eventually have to send in the check or make overpayments.  I also noticed that when you send them a check they process it as an ARC, so I guess the online fee is to just get extra $ from you.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I have a Merrick Bank card.  I got it when I was trying to rebuild my credit as well.  The trick to cards that charge monthly fees.  Send a check with 4 to 6 months of monthly fees.

I send them a check for $25.00 and the credit balance is good for 7 months.  I never use the card because interest rates are too high. I used my AMEX Blue for EVERYTHING!!!

Nicole
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now when you pay in advance like that does it get frowned upon? I thought they want to see you paying every month?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.