cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one...I closed acct-THEY post closed by grantor!!??

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Credit one...I closed acct-THEY post closed by grantor!!??

Will this have an impact on my score?  Seems I've read that it does not.  But that is still wrong, as I am the one who closed it!
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Credit one...I closed acct-THEY post closed by grantor!!??

@BungalowMo wrote:
Will this have an impact on my score?  Seems I've read that it does not.  But that is still wrong, as I am the one who closed it!

No impact on scores.  It's meaningless since banks are closing accounts for any reasons.  

Message 2 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

No impact on scores.  It's meaningless since banks are closing accounts for any reasons.  

Thanks DI!!!  I guess they're just mad because they had me for nearly 5 years & as soon as they jacked my yearly fee I told them to BUZZ OFF! Nearly thesame day as I was approved for the 10k Nationwide!  Losing their $950 limit hurts....NOT!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 17
voidman
Established Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

IMO it will not affect the score based on who closed it but it may affect credit decisions under manual review. 

-void
Message 4 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

@voidman wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

IMO it will not affect the score based on who closed it but it may affect credit decisions under manual review. 

In this economy 'closed by grantor' is meaningless, since so many have received AA's for no apparent reasons. 

Message 5 of 17
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

DI wrote: 

In this economy 'closed by grantor' is meaningless, since so many have received AA's for no apparent reasons. 

+1

Message 6 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

DI wrote: 

+1

Even with a manual review, they will see this acct was in good standing & never late for nearly 5 years.  But they are still breaking the law by posting incorrect information, wouldn't you say??

Message 7 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

DI wrote: 

+1

Even with a manual review, they will see this acct was in good standing & never late for nearly 5 years.  But they are still breaking the law by posting incorrect information, wouldn't you say??

If you care to bother with the account anymore and have the time, you can get them to change it.  Personally, I wouldn't waste any time.  As long as your account says 'Paid or Pays As Agreed'  you are fine.  

Message 8 of 17
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

I really don't know, BungalowMo.  Because you closed that card yourself, they should report it to indicate that fact.  For practical purposes, though, your good history with this account is really what matters.

Why not just give them a call and have them correct it?  They'd probably do that, wouldn't they?  Or are they difficult to deal with? 

I don't have any experience with Credit One, except for attending the online memorial services for llecs' Credit One card.  LOL

Message 9 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

I really don't know, BungalowMo.  Because you closed that card yourself, they should report it to indicate that fact.  For practical purposes, though, your good history with this account is really what matters.

Why not just give them a call and have them correct it?  They'd probably do that, wouldn't they?  Or are they difficult to deal with? 

I don't have any experience with Credit One, except for attending the online memorial services for llecs' Credit One card.  LOL

LOL That's funny!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.