Reply
Senior Contributor
BungalowMo
Posts: 4,237
Registered: ‎05-01-2008
0

Credit one...I closed acct-THEY post closed by grantor!!??

Will this have an impact on my score?  Seems I've read that it does not.  But that is still wrong, as I am the one who closed it!


Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,767
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Credit one...I closed acct-THEY post closed by grantor!!??


BungalowMo wrote:
Will this have an impact on my score?  Seems I've read that it does not.  But that is still wrong, as I am the one who closed it!

No impact on scores.  It's meaningless since banks are closing accounts for any reasons.  

Senior Contributor
BungalowMo
Posts: 4,237
Registered: ‎05-01-2008
0

Re: Credit one...I closed acct-THEY post closed by grantor!!??


DI wrote:

BungalowMo wrote:
Will this have an impact on my score?  Seems I've read that it does not.  But that is still wrong, as I am the one who closed it!

No impact on scores.  It's meaningless since banks are closing accounts for any reasons.  


Thanks DI!!!  I guess they're just mad because they had me for nearly 5 years & as soon as they jacked my yearly fee I told them to BUZZ OFF! Nearly thesame day as I was approved for the 10k Nationwide!  Losing their $950 limit hurts....NOT!!!  :smileyvery-happy:



Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Established Contributor
voidman
Posts: 532
Registered: ‎06-07-2008
0

Re: Credit one...I closed acct-THEY post closed by grantor!!??


BungalowMo wrote:
Will this have an impact on my score?  Seems I've read that it does not.  But that is still wrong, as I am the one who closed it!

IMO it will not affect the score based on who closed it but it may affect credit decisions under manual review. 

-void
Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,767
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Credit one...I closed acct-THEY post closed by grantor!!??


voidman wrote:

BungalowMo wrote:
Will this have an impact on my score?  Seems I've read that it does not.  But that is still wrong, as I am the one who closed it!

IMO it will not affect the score based on who closed it but it may affect credit decisions under manual review. 


In this economy 'closed by grantor' is meaningless, since so many have received AA's for no apparent reasons. 

Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay
Posts: 2,710
Registered: ‎10-16-2008
0

Re: Credit one...I closed acct-THEY post closed by grantor!!??


DI wrote: 

In this economy 'closed by grantor' is meaningless, since so many have received AA's for no apparent reasons. 


+1

 

 

Senior Contributor
BungalowMo
Posts: 4,237
Registered: ‎05-01-2008
0

Re: Credit one...I closed acct-THEY post closed by grantor!!??


Uborrow-Upay wrote:

DI wrote: 

In this economy 'closed by grantor' is meaningless, since so many have received AA's for no apparent reasons. 


+1

 


Even with a manual review, they will see this acct was in good standing & never late for nearly 5 years.  But they are still breaking the law by posting incorrect information, wouldn't you say??



Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,767
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Credit one...I closed acct-THEY post closed by grantor!!??


BungalowMo wrote:

Uborrow-Upay wrote:

DI wrote: 

In this economy 'closed by grantor' is meaningless, since so many have received AA's for no apparent reasons. 


+1

 


Even with a manual review, they will see this acct was in good standing & never late for nearly 5 years.  But they are still breaking the law by posting incorrect information, wouldn't you say??


If you care to bother with the account anymore and have the time, you can get them to change it.  Personally, I wouldn't waste any time.  As long as your account says 'Paid or Pays As Agreed'  you are fine.  

Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay
Posts: 2,710
Registered: ‎10-16-2008
0

Re: Credit one...I closed acct-THEY post closed by grantor!!??

I really don't know, BungalowMo.  Because you closed that card yourself, they should report it to indicate that fact.  For practical purposes, though, your good history with this account is really what matters.

 

Why not just give them a call and have them correct it?  They'd probably do that, wouldn't they?  Or are they difficult to deal with? 

 

I don't have any experience with Credit One, except for attending the online memorial services for llecs' Credit One card.  LOL

Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,767
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Credit one...I closed acct-THEY post closed by grantor!!??


Uborrow-Upay wrote:

I really don't know, BungalowMo.  Because you closed that card yourself, they should report it to indicate that fact.  For practical purposes, though, your good history with this account is really what matters.

 

Why not just give them a call and have them correct it?  They'd probably do that, wouldn't they?  Or are they difficult to deal with? 

 

I don't have any experience with Credit One, except for attending the online memorial services for llecs' Credit One card.  LOL


LOL That's funny!


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}