Established Contributor
Itsmeagain

Re: Credit one...I closed acct-THEY post closed by grantor!!??

The FCRA requires that credit grantors report ACCURATE information.  I will accept nothing less.  If it were mine, I would dispute with both the CRA's and Credit One.

Note: Is it reporting incorrectly on all three or just one?  If it's just one, then it has probably been mis-coded by a data entry clerk.  A dispute to the CRA should clear this up.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

DI wrote:

Uborrow-Upay wrote:

I don't have any experience with Credit One, except for attending the online memorial services for llecs' Credit One card.  LOL

LOL That's funny!

OMG...I forgot about that!  That was one of the funniest posts I've ever read!!

Itsmeagain wrote:

The FCRA requires that credit grantors report ACCURATE information.  I will accept nothing less.  If it were mine, I would dispute with both the CRA's and Credit One.

Note: Is it reporting incorrectly on all three or just one?  If it's just one, then it has probably been mis-coded by a data entry clerk.  A dispute to the CRA should clear this up.

I agree with this fact.  I sent them an email requesting they report the accurate info as requiredby law.  Nothing nasty, just stated the fact.  I'ts only reporting on EQ & EX as TU has not updated the info yet.  They can't make it look like it was their decision as it clearly was NOT.  

We'll see what happens!!  

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay

For those members who may have missed the memorial service, here's the thread.

And please...try to keep excessively-loud weeping and sobbing (or laughing) to a minimum...

Established Contributor
Watchmann

This is one of those examples where I would let sleeping dogs lie.  I see no benefit by poking the credit reporting agency into opening your file, there are too many possibilities of something else getting goofed up.  My philosophy is,  'The less interaction with CCC's and the credit agencies the better off you will be'.
Lel

I'm with DI and Watchmann about this.  I don't think it's that big of a deal, and who knows what might happen if the CSR who handles the situation doesn't get it right.  It could end up in disputed status, which could be a bigger headache to clear up.  Gotta pick our battles carefully.

I had the opposite thing happen - B of A closed an account of mine due to prolonged inactivity (totally my fault).  On my CRs it reads "closed at consumer's request".  Go figure. 

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

As much as I like to have completely accurate info on my reports, I'd worry that out of spite by accident, they might just cease to report the entire TL, losing the history, etc.

This has happened numerous times to members who were trying to GW or dispute something on a closed account. The lender instead simply ceased reporting. It's not the same situation, but ya never know...

GL whichever way you go.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

I know...in fact I know better.  Sometimes I act impulsively just to gedt everything reporting as it should.

Maybe the csr will just delete my email.  I need to learn which sleeping dogs to just let be!  :smileysad:

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+